Any word on the new AbuGarcia Alphamar Series?

Started by BurningHeart, November 15, 2010, 07:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurningHeart

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BurningHeart

Possibly thinking of getting one for my girlfriend since she won't use conventional non-levelwinds and Abu makes good stuff.

alantani

stick with a basic 5500 and add a $10 daiwa stainless steel handle.  it's a great upgrade and it's only $10!!!!!  i just found this out from a reel that was serviced by a guy in sacramento.  i don't know who he is, but he figured out something really slick.  i'll post a photo later.  alan

flip

Quote from: alantani on November 15, 2010, 10:14:25 PM
stick with a basic 5500 and add a $10 daiwa stainless steel handle.  it's a great upgrade and it's only $10!!!!!  i just found this out from a reel that was serviced by a guy in sacramento.  i don't know who he is, but he figured out something really slick.  i'll post a photo later.  alan

Alan, the suspense is killing me! :) Photos & details please.

pounder21366

I am wondering if anyone thinks these reels will put out the stated 27 lbs. Of max drag without failing?

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

i thought is review was very insightful.......   ;D

Tile

That review is nothing else but a presentation  :). Being a new series we have to wait for a competent review or maybe Alan will get one for service and we all can see its inner workings.
In solid fiberglass we trust

alantani

well, considering the young man's age, i think he did fine!!!!!!!!!!!!