Bass Charters

Started by stevef, February 13, 2015, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevef

Hey guys.....long time lurker first time poster

I will be flying over from Australia late August for a 7 week holiday through the US. Most of the time we will be driving a loop from DC across to Iowa, down the Great River Road and the across the bottom to Florida and back up the Atlantic coast to DC.

I would like to get a bit of fishing in and would love to catch a Bass.

Any recommendations on Bass Charters along the Mississippi?

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers
Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stevef

A couple of days in San Fran Alan.... We missed Alcatraz last time so we are making a point of seeing it this trip

alantani

Tightlines667

Not to thread hijack or anything but....

I will be flying into San Jose next Tuesday AM in order to represent our region at an annual seabird-oriented scientific conference.  I am going to be presenting a poster, a powerpoint, and attending 2 management meetings.  Don't think I will have a rental car.  I will have some free time Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning, and again Sunday morning.  Not sure what I am going to do with myself?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

gotta work all monday and tuesday, free wednesday morning, then booked through sunday of next week.  got time for breakfast on wednesday morning?  i'll send a pm!

stevef

Hey Alan, that is a more than generous offer.....thank you

Can I confirm schedule and get back to you?

Steve

alantani

Tightlines667

Alan,

Breakfast awednesday before my meetings sounds great!  I will PM you my details (cell #, hotel, meeting location, etc).  I will need to be to my meetings b4 noin, and I wasn't planning on renting a car for this trip.  I'll be in touch.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

stevef

Hi Alan

Flights are now booked and paid for....as mentioned small window in San Fran. Confirmed on 25th August.

I will send you a PM

Regards Steve

Newell Nut

Florida has some nice lunker bass honey holes along the St Johns river and tributaries. I do not know any guides personally since I focus my time on offshore. Search the net for any between Palatka and Sanford and you should get a good list.

stevef

Cheers Newell Nut, I will give that a try

Regards
Steve

fsrmn

I'm not a guide but I live on Horse Creek just up from the Peace River.  I have a guest cabin on the creek with canoes that is right in the middle of some good bass fishing, Actually it is tidal so upstream for bass and downstream to the Peace for snook and tarpon. Pm me your schedule and I'll let you know if it's open then. Henry
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Dominick

John, I'm not interested in Bass Charters so I never opened this thread until today.  I am sorry I missed your trip into the bay area.  Post the next time you are here for a get together.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

Quote from: stevef on March 09, 2015, 08:31:00 AM
Hi Alan

Flights are now booked and paid for....as mentioned small window in San Fran. Confirmed on 25th August.

I will send you a PM

Regards Steve

let me know and i block out some time from work.  the only problem will be if my wife schedules a family vacation at that time.