Does anyone recognize these parts?

Started by FatTuna, February 21, 2015, 09:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Somewhere on our site there is a photo of stock gears, newell gears and the other gears.  this may help.

The finish of the main gear look like a newell main gear.  The pinion has a larger collar, which was evident on the Newell Pinion.  For this reason, I believe that the gear set is a Newell set.  If you don't want it, I'll take it, confirm it when it arrives.

Thanks
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: day0ne on February 23, 2015, 06:33:58 AM
I thought the ones with the plating on the pinion came from bite-fc on ebay. I have a 4/0 set. They are the ones with the writing on the back of the main gear.

No, Bite-Fc gears dont have any plating and are 316 SS. The machining of the gears just isnt up to the quality of BP gears.

FatTuna

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 23, 2015, 07:41:32 AM
Somewhere on our site there is a photo of stock gears, newell gears and the other gears.  this may help.

The finish of the main gear look like a newell main gear.  The pinion has a larger collar, which was evident on the Newell Pinion.  For this reason, I believe that the gear set is a Newell set.  If you don't want it, I'll take it, confirm it when it arrives.

Thanks
Bryan

I'll try and get some photos off the site and match then up. Thanks Bryan. I did notice the collar on the pinion.

If I decide that I don't like them, they are all yours.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: fatstriper on February 21, 2015, 06:19:57 PM
Thanks Fred. I like it a lot too. I'm going to reassemble it this afternoon.

FishStiicks, I misunderstood what you meant because I didn't know what gears you were referring to. There is a guy on Ebay selling Newell gear sets for Jigmasters for around $26 per set. I was thinking about buying some.

I missed this pic some how. That actually looks like a Newell gear.