Hi, Newbie Jet Angler here.

Started by rdmiller, February 23, 2015, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdmiller

Hello to All,
My name is Rob, I've fished the Southern California coast for most of 30 years.
I've recently started launching my Yamaha Waverunner out of Dana Point, and fishing the Kelp. My job is all about being with people, and fishing by myself is my way of re-charging my thinker. 
That's why they call it Fishing, not Catching.

alantani

ok, now this looks like WAY too much fun!  what kind of range do you have?  how long and at what speed is a comfortable cruising speed?  you can roll this thing, right?  it will still start up again? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I never thought about using one of those, very cool.
Welcome !
Sal from PA.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

I have seen a few guys use these. Amazing to see a guy bent hard while trying to maintain balance on one! Tightlines out there and welcome!

MarkT

Nice! I was down at Box Canyon a couple of weeks ago and there were a couple of guys there on sea-doo's that launched the same time we did. They got at least one YT. I just brought home my new to me 18'6" bay boat today so I'll be out there on my own boat in a couple of days.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Sweet Rob.  I have a bunch of friends that do this kind of fishing in Hawaii.  They also equip their jets with rescue sled (I think that is what they call it).  They will use the sled to carry a cooler with food and drink and also to strap an occasional marlin, wahoo, or yellow-fin tuna.

Have fun and stay safe you there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Capt Ahab

That is awesome - we have a guy here on the east coast (Jet Ski Brian) who is pretty famous for the jet ski fishing he does year round

20* and this maniac is fishing the Chessie Bay Bridge Tunnel for Tog

He has been on a bunch of fishing TV shows doing offshore stuff - 50 plus mile out

http://jetskibrian.com/2013/03/25/50-miles-offshore-oregon-inlet-nc-on-my-jet-ski/

BMITCH

Welcome!! I've seen a bunch of guys fishing off the jersey shore on these. My buddy was doing this like 5 years now. Great way to get to the fish. Good luck and tight lines, but most of all stay safe!!

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

HOLEINTHEWATER

JETSKI BRIAN IS ALWAYS POSTING PICTURES ON AZ BASS ZONE.  HE TAKES SOME REALLY GREAT PICTURES AND CATCHES A LOT OF FISH.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.