The big cods are here.

Started by trond_solem, February 25, 2015, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattman NZ

Nice pic Trond - you'd get a few good feeds off of that size fish. 

Dominick

Good job Trond.  I had lutefisk once about ten years ago.  I am still in shock.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

I've seen the line, I'm hooked, but I have my rod to comfort me, there is a cod! Am I a dyslexic, agnostic fishomaniac  ;)

trond_solem

Quote from: Dominick on February 25, 2015, 10:12:05 PM
Good job Trond.  I had lutefisk once about ten years ago.  I am still in shock.   ::) Dominick

:-)
I have grown up with it and I love it, but I do understand that it isn't something everybody would enjoy.

BMITCH

Quote from: Dominick on February 25, 2015, 10:12:05 PM

What's it taste like??
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Alto Mare

Very nice Trond, thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: BMITCH on February 25, 2015, 11:12:47 PM
Sounds like cod jerky??

I believe fermented fish jelly is a little more accurate?  I saw it on bizarre foods once

trond_solem

Quote from: Three se7ens on February 26, 2015, 07:42:02 PM
Quote from: BMITCH on February 25, 2015, 11:12:47 PM
Sounds like cod jerky??

I believe fermented fish jelly is a little more accurate?  I saw it on bizarre foods once

Nope. Not fermented.

BMITCH

From what I've seen on YouTube I'm thinking maybe the sundries cod would be nice.

trond_solem

Quote from: BMITCH on February 26, 2015, 10:34:28 PM
From what I've seen on YouTube I'm thinking maybe the sundries cod would be nice.

Sundries cod? Any link?

There are many ways to prepare a meal with cod.  I am going to salt and dry some cod to make baccalao or other recipees where salted and dried cod is used. This time of the year, I can catch 200-250 lb or more of nice cod a day.  A couple of days on the water and the freezers are full!
Well, I have some friends that enjoy fresh fish. :-)

BMITCH

I'm meant sun dried cod...damn auto correct. Jellied cod...like you said most likely an acquired taste.

Alto Mare

Trond, I had no idea you guys also make Baccala', that is one of my favorite.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

trond_solem

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 26, 2015, 10:51:55 PM
Trond, I had no idea you guys also make Baccala', that is one of my favorite.
Sal
We do. Not very common here in Norway, but I enjoy it.  :)