welcome, cortez conversions!

Started by alantani, February 26, 2015, 12:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

you have all seen tom's products before.  he made the bearing packers and the charter special frames for me. 

he also has the squidder and jigmaster frames that he sells on his own.

and the 9/0 frames.  well, the 9/0 frames are back he's branching off into other items.  tom, you've got your own board.  i look forward to all the novel items you're going to fill it with!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I'm patently waiting for frames for the 349.... :D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cortez_Conversions

Thank you Alan for my own little spot on the AT.com forum!

I met Alan some years ago because he was the local guru. I had just finished the first 146 Squidder frame kit prototype and was heading to Mexico the next morning. During final assembly, guess what went flying never to be found again?? Yep, the Jesus spring, the dreaded dog spring went AWOL in the shag carpet. Where do you find a Squidder dog spring in San Jose on a Tuesday night? I called every tackle shop within an hours drive before someone at our local Fisherman's Warehouse shop said there was some Alan guy that might have the spring. So I called Alan and of course he said he had it, and come on over! A beer and a couple pictures later I was on my way. Those are the same pics that are in the Squidder thread! That's what started it all folks...

Aside from being a fishing(reel, tackle) junkie, I do have a day job that takes a lot of my days and sleepless nights. I am a machinist for a medical R&D company. If it goes in you, on you, or thru you, we probably had something to do with it. That's why I disappear for extended periods of time.

All of my Products are made myself, or at couple of select shops that I trust here in the United States. My name is attached to every part I sell, so It has to be right! That's my motto!

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Keta on February 26, 2015, 12:40:07 AM
I'm patently waiting for frames for the 349.... :D

Your frames are #7 on the list! ;D
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

Looking forward to seeing more of your products
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

crackerman

Welcome aboard! (Well technically you were here first! )

I have a request, and i would love to have one, either you make it, or i will eventually make my own.
A frame for a 12/0.  After watching this reel seat flex like it was stamped rubber while loading it under drag, i want something more substantial. But not 80w or 130w price territory. I know you could probably sell ten pretty easy to a few guys on this board.

Shark Hunter

If anyone deserves his own spot, Its Tom. He does some amazing work! :o
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: crackerman on February 26, 2015, 02:47:07 AM
Welcome aboard! (Well technically you were here first! )

I have a request, and i would love to have one, either you make it, or i will eventually make my own.
A frame for a 12/0.  After watching this reel seat flex like it was stamped rubber while loading it under drag, i want something more substantial. But not 80w or 130w price territory. I know you could probably sell ten pretty easy to a few guys on this board.

X2...

Stronger, reel seats, single piece bars (to replace double posts, or half (or full) frames for the 12/0, 14/0, and older 80 and 80W reels would be great.  I think a cast reel stand similar to that on the older 130 internationals, or half or full anodized alum frames would likely solve the twisting issues these larger reels can be prone to over time.  They would be pretty cool too.  Not sure how cost prohibitive these would be, but I'm sure a market exists.  I noticed Tiburon offers full frames for the 50W for around $170.95, if enough orders are placed to meet the minimum required for a production run, granted these larger reels would need alot more material for frames. 

Not to thread hijack, I'm sure you have your hands full with current projects, and many here are very greatful for the great contributions you have made, and are excited that the 9/0 frames are looking to be resurrected.

Thank You!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

fIsHsTiiCkS