Custom insert for the 114H & 115L

Started by Alto Mare, March 07, 2015, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Three se7ens

Quote from: borchcl on March 18, 2015, 01:44:35 AM
Adam, are there any of these left?
Charlie

I have 1 left of this batch at $30.  I'll have more in about 2 weeks. 

Southernsharker

Three se7ens

I'm aiming for the end of next week, I need to drop off more material at the cutter since I'm using a special thickness for the inserts.

rjones

I am interested in one of these when they are ready.
Rob

Shark Hunter

Following Sal's lead as usual. I have one of Adam's inserts in a Black Pearl gear here. I'm going to use the original setup and replace that felt washer with Delrin. The advent of these inserts brings the Senator to a new level.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Now you are getting me excited.  Definately need the stainless (or old style steel) gear sets, and sleeves with these guys.  Whoever ends up testing these needs to be very careful.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 13, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
Following Sal's lead as usual. I have one of Adam's inserts in a Black Pearl gear here. I'm going to use the original setup and replace that felt washer with Delrin. The advent of these inserts brings the Senator to a new level.

All that stainless in one area looks amazing!!

Nismoron

So, I have a stock 114H with maroon sides.  What all do I need to do to it to make this work and where do I get it?  I looked into upgrading mine last year and life happened.  It looks like all of my researched sites for parts that I was going to use havedried up and closed down.  So now I have to start over...   :-[

I gather that I need to get:
The drag insert.  From where?
Chui's gears.  From where?
S/S sleeve.  From where?
What else do I need?

Thanks

Shark Hunter

You need to get the insert from Adam.
The ss sleeve from Alan.
The Gears from Black Pearl.
Its all right here.  Take a look around.
Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

It get pricey upgrading all of that, Just make sure you need all of it.

You can get the insert here http://motivefab.com/products-page/reels , but I think Adam has to make more inserts so you might just want to PM him.

The gears here https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc

Then PM Alan Tani for the gear sleeve.

Then one thing I might recommend is a SS yoke from Dawn at smooth drag. And then look into some power handle up grades.

Three se7ens

Im still 2 weeks out on having more 114H/115L inserts ready to ship.  Almost out of the 113H ones now too. 

Three se7ens

Sorry about the delay on these, but I'm having quality issues with the cutter. Part of it is machine issues(out of round parts) and part of it is operator issues.   I'll have a few here and there as I can piece together workable kits, but I don't want to order a bunch until it's all sorted.

I'll still have my other parts available, the tolerances aren't such an issue on those.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

rjones

any update on when tese may be available?
Rob