Fishing Reel Parts

Started by JDL, March 19, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDL

You are very welcome - packed and waiting for pick up.  Anytime you need anything - we will be there.   It's a Pleasure!!  Thank you

swill88

I've had nothing but good experiences with JDL...

steve

JDL

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Just received some parts form JDL, excellent service!
Thank you Doug and Jennifer.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

I have bought hard to find parts from you in the past. All were bought with the make an offer option. I have only had one time the wrong part was sent. I contacted your business and was also argued with at first. You did make it right and I ended up receiving the right part in the end. I also always look carefully at the pictures in the listing. I have seen missing teeth on gears etc.  I know its hard for you to inspect every part you have on sale so I try to check them as best as I can before buying.
    We all make mistakes but you do seem to be an honest seller.

Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

reel man

Have done quite a bit of business with Doug and Jennifer, and I highly recommend them.

USN_ED

I was looking for a couple of older style 24-155 handles with torpedo paddles to replace the newer style 24-155 handles with flat rubber paddles for a couple of my MAG 10 reels.  They weren't easy to find but I ran across a couple (a red one and a yellow one) at JDL.  I ordered them and things went smoothly.  Here's the result.

ED

JDL

They look great - glad we could be of help.  Thank you

Shark Hunter

Just received some bail screws for a 704z from you. They aren't the right ones.
I think these are for a 700.
Life is Good!

JDL

Away from a computer right now but the quick look that I made it looks like the information was looked up from Scott's site which is wrong.  They have the 31-700 fitting a 700z - does not exist - and a 704z. Since  we have 1,000,000 plus parts I have people doing listings and looking up parts if I saw it I would have corrected that and it should be corrected in scotts as well. The 31-700 fits the 700 and 704 all non z. I will look to see if we have the correct one in stock when I get home later and if so will send to you. Also will correct listing. So anyone who reads this should note the error. Not sure where Scott's gets thier info from but it is incorrect.  Not putting down Scott's at all as he has a great site so no one take it that way. It might be a penn direct error but since many use his site for information  - including us - just don't want anyone to buy them thinking it will fit the z reels. We all make mistakes and that is why we all help each other. Thanks.

handi2

They saved the day on an expensive Shimano spinning reel. Shimano only supports their spinning parts for a few years.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

I'm not pointing fingers. I just know I got the incorrect part.
Scott's provides a valuable service to us all.
This is for reference only. They can't be held liable for incorrect parts being sold, unless it is from them.
I am not upset, I just want the correct bail screws that I ordered.
I apologize for any trouble.
Life is Good!

JDL

Was not pointing fingers either just stated where the information came from and understand that they are wrong. Your schematic does show 31-704 and not 31-700. So that is one issue.  The other is as you state we are not holding anyone liable but ourselves and not blaming anyone.  What I said was that I did not see the error but when I looked into it I see where the error came from. As I also said we all help each other so that is the reason I pointed it out so that it does not happen again.   If we make an error we will gladly admit it no problem as I have done already here.  If you check you ebay messages you will see that we have already responded to you there as well and will be sending you 2 more that we have right now.  I can not be more clear that I am not holding anyone one liable but us.  Simply pointing out that under 31-700 they DO NOT fit a 700z - does not exist or a 704z. They are not even on those schematics.  So if anyone is looking at them for those reels do not purchase them - they will not fit. 

JDL

I am a very very hands on business owner.  I oversee our entire operation from start to finish 18 hours a day 5 days a week and 10 hours a day over the weekend.  I have said before - errors do happen.  We find them every day on shimano site ereplacements site and our own site.  Does not matter how big or small you are - mistakes happen.  It is the way it is handled that matters.  We sold 4000 parts last month and we have very few errors with the amount of items that go in and out but if and when we do - they are handled immediately and correctly. That will always be the case no matter what.  I get emails daily about parts that are supposed to fit a reel and do not because of a design change as well as errors on the web etc.  when we can help make the fishing world a better place we will - I.e. 31-700 does not fit a 700z or 704z!  That is what we do.  We are not just about making a profit - if you come to our office you will see we are a close nit bunch that work very hard for everyone not just ourselves.