Jigging World Tile/Tuna Rod

Started by coastal_dan, March 20, 2015, 01:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 08, 2015, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on April 08, 2015, 06:12:17 PM
Well Mike I have family from Brooklyn..Bensonhurst, Queens 108th Street, Long Island..Smith Town, Brentwood, Sound Beach. Manhattan West Village and Little Italy.Me Ive been here in NJ all my life so far that's 69 years this month. 
I'm sorry... ;D

;D ;D Me too!
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Quote from: coastal_dan on April 08, 2015, 06:53:55 PM
Philadelphia for me, lots of friends fish NJ, this will be my first year.  I grew up at Delaware Beaches and worked at tackle shops/on fishing boats through college.  Looking forward to some full coolers this year  ;D

Sal - HAHA!

You can't beat the fishing here that is for sure, When I had good legs I spent many days on the water and can't tell you how many fish me and my brother caught over the years. Now me and my wife fish as often as we can but off the shore in the inlets and canals. Good luck with the new rod Dan, maybe we will run into each other some day.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bluefish69

The furthest South that I have fished was Ocean City NJ

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

coastal_dan

After actually testing this rod I am very happy with it as a lighter Tilefish rod, I don't think I would drop more than 30 oz. with it though, but that is my opinion.  With 24 oz. and a 10 lb fish it had some good bend in it and was perfect for that situation.  I think it is going to be a great seabass rig as well.  The grip is phenominal, very comfortable and dries quickly, I found that it didn't get as slimy as just the straight up EVA foam.

I love the rod for what I use it for (Blue Line Tilefish, Seabass, Cod, Hake, other NE bottom feeders), but would say it is NOT a Tuna or Golden Tilefish rod.  A decent size fish would over power the blank, again my opinion. 

Hope this helps!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...