Virg's Landing (Moro Bay) California ***UPDATED***

Started by Big Tim, March 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I believe my first trip with Virg's was in 1975 +/-... Virg's is the premier Central Coast California Sporftishing charters. I highly recommend The Princess and Capt. Brad League ... The Fiesta is a smaller boat and Chrarlie is an awesome Capt. .. The Rita G. I have only been on once and is a bit cramped, but can't give it a thumbs up or down ... When the Black Pearl is running I prefer to not run this boat, I don't like the bows angle(hard on the back) and the Capt. is a bit to salty even for me.

http://virgslanding.com/

I talked to Pamela at Virg's Landing and got some info:

To charter the Princess for 2 days..Saturday 9:00am to Sunday 4:00 pm with 2 bag limits
we would need 24 people at $295 prepaid...Brad would have Danny call the charter master to set up food(not included in the price) and if we want special beer (not included in the price)
also not included in the price is fish cleaning, tackle & rod rental for anyone that needs that.

To charter the Princess for an over night trip...10:00pm Saturday to 4-6:oopm Sunday...1 bag limit
is 24 prepaid at $165.00 per person.
  They talked to Brad and he said he would gladly take us out at 4-5:00pm departure so we could do dinner, drink beer (sodas) and tell lies  ;D no fishing the first night. we would most likely anchor in San Simeon and leave very early in the morning to fish up north...Then about a 4 hour ride back.

This being said whatever you all decide to do I will help what and where I can.  The Princess is booked for May and 1 time in July already..If we decide to go with someone else I'm down with that to.

Big Tim

alantani

jon vadney has been talking about an overnight trip in may.  it sounds like alot of fun.  bryan and i are going top try to make it.  one of deckhands from the spirit of adventure, frank kelly, is going to start running one of virg's boats.  i also have a good friend, glenn fukumoto, that runs the competing organization in morro bay and it's called morro bay landing.  stay tuned for details on jon's trip!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

How close does Amtrak get to Morro Bay?  What is the targeted fish?   I haven't been to Moro Bay since the Alaska earthquake tsunami, and we watched it hit the bay.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

I clicked on Tim's thread & when I looked at the Stern of the boat all I saw was black Diesel Smoke. Those engines need work.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

El Pescador

Quote from: alantani on March 22, 2015, 07:00:54 PM
jon vadney has been talking about an overnight trip in may.  it sounds like alot of fun.  ...stay tuned for details on jon's trip!

Jon, Alan & Brian!  I'm in for for this Overnight trip!!!

Jon spoke of it during our dinner at Dominick's and it sounds like just the season opener we all need!!!!

Looking at any specific dates?????  If it's not on my calendar it doesn't happen!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Keta

Quote from: bluefish69 on March 22, 2015, 07:24:12 PM
I clicked on Tim's thread & when I looked at the Stern of the boat all I saw was black Diesel Smoke. Those engines need work.

Mike

Filter change for sure, possibly more.  Kids here like to do something to their diesel trucks to make them spew black clouds out the tail pipe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I'm contacting Glenn to start the process.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Big Tim

I'm in I hope...Glenn only does 1/2 i think. Thats why I haven't been out with him??

Tim

Bryan Young

Quote from: Big Tim on March 22, 2015, 09:32:29 PM
I'm in I hope...Glenn only does 1/2 i think. Thats why I haven't been out with him??

Tim
Morro Bay Landing only does 1/2 and 3/4 day at the moment. So...I guess should consider Virg's especially since Alan knows the Captain.

We need to look at the calendar and look what's available.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Big Tim

Keta

I'm about 5 hours closer, 20 miles north of the border.  NE of Doris, CA, and NW of Tule Lake, CA.  

I can take the train to San Luis Obispo, it's closer than I thought and I can walk 13 miles if I had to....and trim my gear to 40#.

Mark Twain

El Pescador

Lee,

Get to San Mateo or San Jose, and we'll drive together!

Only walk needed is getting your gear on the pier!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Big Tim

Wayne, make him walk  ;D ;D ;D Fresno, San Jose, ect.. Lee you got friends everywhere

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on March 22, 2015, 11:30:17 PM
I'm about 5 hours closer, 20 miles north of the border.  NE of Doris, CA, and NW of Tule Lake, CA.  

I can take the train to San Luis Obispo, it's closer than I thought and I can walk 13 miles if I had to....and trim my gear to 40#.
Lee, where ever you decide to stop along the coast, we can get you...San Jose, Los Osos, San Luis...We got you buddy.

Big Tim

Lee, you won't even need gear...We got all that covered too...We will know what the catch looks like after April 1..My guess the Lings will be as thick as ever, nice quality rock fish and if we get lucky in the 180-240' range some big reds .. Alright now I got myself all geeked up to go fishing  ;D