May 15
1 (50%)
May 22
1 (50%)
May 29
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Bryan Young

Since the Princes is booked through May, Let's go out with Morro Bay Landing for a 3/4 day of fishing.

The dates picked is based on our buddy Glenn's days off from Morro Bay Landing.

The price is:     Adult     Senior     Military     Kids*
                        $69        $59         $59        $49

with a maximum of 44 or to charter the whole boat the cost is $2400 divided by the number of fisherman/woman. 

Does not include fishing cleaning, food, drinks or anything.

This could be a dry run before a possible 2 day with Virg's or a 1 day out of Avila. 

Another option would be:

Quote from: Big Tim on March 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM
http://virgslanding.com/

I talked to Pamela at Virg's Landing and got some info:

To charter the Princess for an over night trip...10:00pm Saturday to 4-6:oopm Sunday...1 bag limit is 24 prepaid at $165.00 per person.

They talked to Brad and he said he would gladly take us out at 4-5:00pm departure so we could do dinner, drink beer (sodas) and tell lies  ;D no fishing the first night. we would most likely anchor in San Simeon and leave very early in the morning to fish up north...Then about a 4 hour ride back.

This being said whatever you all decide to do I will help what and where I can.  The Princess is booked for May and 1 time in July already..If we decide to go with someone else I'm down with that to.

Big Tim
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Bryan, you can count me if the trip is on 5/1 or 5/15. 

Thanks,

Randy

El Pescador

Bryan,

I can only vote once on your poll for the best date,

but for me

May 8
May 15
May 22

All open for me.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bryan Young

By the way, for me, May 22 is the best date.  May 15, I have an appointment until 8:00 pm so I could still make it, but prefer not to get in at 11:00 pm in the area.  I could also do the 8th.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Check out the surf in Morro Bay.  Barf-a-reno.    Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on March 24, 2015, 11:51:53 PM
Check out the surf in Morro Bay.  Barf-a-reno.    Dominick

Back in the 70's George C.Scott had a boat go down out there. Don't remember if it was coming out of the harbor or not but they were hit by one of those Monster waves. There is a sand bar to navigate and then you have to time the waves. Never seen anything like that out of Moro Bay, but plenty of big waves coming over the break wall.

alantani

yeah, one of the local restaurants has a photo of that boat when it got hit by that wave.  it was bow up, 45 degree angle.  not good. 

George C. Scott's chartered 70' boat "Mojo" is struck by a huge wave on January 28, 1978 just off Morro Bay, CA.  The boat was severely damaged, but Scott and his 'skipper' wife survived to tell the story.  MOJO was built in 1969 and has hosted many of Hollywood's biggest names and three US Presidents.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

BMITCH

You guys are gonna pay $$$ to go thru that?? Just stand on the break wall to get swept away. I've seen some bad #### inlets in my time but never had to deal with that magnitude. :o
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Hey Bob, going through the breakwater at Manasquan inlet is no joke.  I've been through 15 foot breakers going through.  I was 18 years old and stupid (oh boy watch them pile on for that comment).  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

I think my cousin did that when he was in the Coast Guard with one of those boats that three are strapped in, and the boat rolls and right itself and they keep on going.   He used to tell stories about it.  I think it was at low tide at the mouth where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean.

pjstevko

I'd love to join you guys but that is the start of fire season and getting time off to fish is not an option.....

If you guys put together another "meet up" trip in the fall (late Oct/Nov) I'd be interested in going.

Bryan Young

Ok, May is turning out to be a very bad month for me.  BIG TIM, Would you mind planning the first event out of Morro Bay?

May 8th is Mother'Mother's day weekend.
May 15 is the day after our 25 year club with my company.  I would be arriving very late into Morro Bay and I would probably get extra sea sick due to lack of sleep.  May 22 is Memorial day weekend.  I will not be able to make it due to other commitments.

So sorry...but will be looking g for another date or two...out of Half Moon Bay or Berkeley, and another trip out of Morro Bay.

Big Tim

Good Morning...I will be happy to help set up a fishing date. My concern is that I see between 2 date votes and 2 different posts about a fishing trip is only 6 or 7 people have responded???
For a charter we need 24 confirmed, prepaid fisherpeople. I would like to go over nite or 2 day later in the season. I would even consider asking for an old school charter like we did back in the day...Leave Friday night around 8-9pm and go to San Simeon, then chase the shallows, kelp lines,halibut, lings,ect... back on anchor Sat. night then early ride to Big Sur for the Big reds and fish our way back to Moro Bay. I don't know if they can still do this kind of trip or not ? But if we don't have a better show of hands it's not worth asking. If we want to just pick a day and then everyone that wants to go call in or buy a ticket online, then we can meet for dinner the nite before or breakfast and go fishing...No stress of a charter that way.

I am going to set up a charter for later in the season no matter what & include Fisheman's Warehouse if needed to fill the boat, I would love to have just the Alan Tani crew go.

WHAT SAY YOU ALL

El Pescador

Big Tiim!
My dates are still solid:
May 8-9
May 15-16
May 22-23

Just need to be home on May 10 for Mother's Day.

My preference is an overnighter, but will do a one day if that's what works out for all.
THIS is going to be fun!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!