Big Tim's Friday Fishn' Trip May 22, 2015 Moro Bay CA.

Started by Big Tim, March 28, 2015, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Big Tim's Friday Fishn' Trip May 22, 2015 Moro Bay CA.

FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morro-Bay-Landing/515082565225540?fref=ts

Taking the lead on this one as per Bryan's request. I talked to Glenn at Moro Bay Landing and we decided on May 22, 2015

This is what we got: 20-24 pre paid customers @ $69.00 will give us the option to pay an additional $30 each to close out the boat "San Pedro Special" and make the charter ours...Food, drink, fish cleaning all extra.

The trip will be 7:00am to 3:00pm Friday May 22, 2015...This is a 3/4 day trip...We can discuss challenges, jackpots, ect. in the coming weeks. I need you to call Glenn and reserve your spot ASAP so we can turn this into a private charter.

Here is what you need to know:

Reservations: Call Glenn at 1(805)771-5500 and book your reservation...Be sure to tell him it's for Big Tim's Friday Fishn' Trip May 22, 2015 (I will be in contact with him to gather a list)

Book online:       https://morrobaylanding.fishingreservations.net/sales/index.php?pageno=1

For those in need of a room: Motel 6 - 1(805)979-9808 and they have several rooms available for Thursday May 21, 2015 ... Cost is $61.99 and I'm sure we can get people to spit the rooms...many nice hotels in Moro Bay.

I'm sure I/we will come up with some cool challenges...Spinners & Jigmasters only??? ect...

Let's fill this boat with just us guys and gals

alantani

i will let you know as soon as i get a may schedule!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Big Tim!

I'm on for this May 22, 2015 trip.  And will call on Monday to book my spot.

Question, what happens if we do not get the required number of anglers??? 

Also, for your Bay Area Folks going, I'm driving the wife's Yukon, can take total of 6 plus gear.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Big Tim

Wayne:
  I set this up as a fishing trip. I'm going, Glenn is going,you and whom ever else is going. If we don't have enough to charter we will fish with whoever local goes as well. Glenn has a minimum to run and I believe it's 12 or 14 .. My boy's will want to go, ect. and I'm sure I can get a few others to go as well if needed.If we run short of a charter we only pay $69.00 each and have a great day.

Let's just fish and enjoy life  ;D

Big Tim

theswimmer

I think I'm in Tim.
I will know tomorrow.
When do we start bantering about how much and what gear to bring?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Y'all can start talkin' any time...It wont matter as I reign supreme on the Central Coast  ;D ;D ;D I hope you can make it.

Big Tim

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on March 30, 2015, 10:20:31 PM
Y'all can start talkin' any time...It wont matter as I reign supreme on the Central Coast  ;D ;D ;D I hope you can make it.

Big Tim
Do you think I should bring my International 80 with the Big Harnell full roller?
Will we have any time for trolling?
I know Darren would like to see at least one 14/0 Senator on board. ;)
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

No trolling, but it would definitely get a laugh or 2 if you bring your Harnell and 80 ... Think light tackle..Jigmasters and spinners...If you are in 200-240' with a current up to 1lb. weight and and a rock cod rig...Me I like 4-6oz jigs and a 50' flip cast. If we get shallow then game on. Most of these boats do not allow overhead casting...Cattle wagon safety  :-\ If we wind up with a charter we most likely can ask for some privileges. Maybe the 80 & Harnell with a 2lb. weight will work but your'e going to be tired  ;D

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on March 30, 2015, 10:43:05 PM
No trolling, but it would definitely get a laugh or 2 if you bring your Harnell and 80 ... Think light tackle..Jigmasters and spinners...If you are in 200-240' with a current up to 1lb. weight and and a rock cod rig...Me I like 4-6oz jigs and a 50' flip cast. If we get shallow then game on. Most of these boats do not allow overhead casting...Cattle wagon safety  :-\ If we wind up with a charter we most likely can ask for some privileges. Maybe the 80 & Harnell with a 2lb. weight will work but your'e going to be tired  ;D

Joking Tim.
I grew up in the Bay area and have fished California my whole life.

Errol Flynn

fIsHsTiiCkS

Count me in! Will be an interesting trip! Might have to adjust me tackle alittle.

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on March 30, 2015, 10:43:05 PM
Probably a Shimano TLD Star 15-30 with a Okuma Cedros jigging stick.
Heavy rig, Penn 349, (In Honor of Lee and my Grandpa) w/a Diawa 6' 20/50.
I might throw in an old school Dam Quick Super on a Diawa 7' 15/30 just to represent the spinners......

I have been experimenting with salt water fly's for a while now so I am sure to throw some in  for "testing".

Errol Flynn

Marcq

I don't know the area well, which species are targeted ?

Marc..

Bryan Young

From Glenn

We'll probably try about 50' to 100' to start... 2oz-4oz jigs and swimbait territory. We may have to move deeper if the bite is off in the shallows (depends on the swell) If the bite is good in shallow water, we'll stay there. But if the shallow water bite is off, be prepared to fish 150' to 200'
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: Marcq on March 30, 2015, 11:48:01 PM
I don't know the area well, which species are targeted ?

Marc..
California Rock cod and Ling cod.  Sounds like white sea bass is showing further south, I wonder if the will make it up by then?