Big Tim's Friday Fishn' Trip May 22, 2015 Moro Bay CA.

Started by Big Tim, March 28, 2015, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on March 30, 2015, 11:30:08 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on March 30, 2015, 10:43:05 PM
No trolling, but it would definitely get a laugh or 2 if you bring your Harnell and 80 ... Think light tackle..Jigmasters and spinners...If you are in 200-240' with a current up to 1lb. weight and and a rock cod rig...Me I like 4-6oz jigs and a 50' flip cast. If we get shallow then game on. Most of these boats do not allow overhead casting...Cattle wagon safety  :-\ If we wind up with a charter we most likely can ask for some privileges. Maybe the 80 & Harnell with a 2lb. weight will work but your'e going to be tired  ;D

Joking Tim.
I grew up in the Bay area and have fished California my whole life.

Me too...I just can't pass up a chance to be sarcastic. I will take my Penn Conflict 6000 w/Tsunami 7' 20-40 & a few jigmaster types...If we go shallow then it will be a blast thowing light jigs and swim baits. 

Big Tim

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 30, 2015, 11:58:08 PM
Quote from: Marcq on March 30, 2015, 11:48:01 PM
I don't know the area well, which species are targeted ?

Marc..
California Rock cod and Ling cod.  Sounds like white sea bass is showing further south, I wonder if the will make it up by then?

It would be nice to see WSB, but allot of halibut have been caught in the shallows in the area

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Big Tim on March 31, 2015, 12:18:07 AM
No trolling, but it would definitely get a laugh or 2 if you bring your Harnell and 80 ... Think light tackle..Jigmasters and spinners...If you are in 200-240' with a current up to 1lb. weight and and a rock cod rig...Me I like 4-6oz jigs and a 50' flip cast. If we get shallow then game on. Most of these boats do not allow overhead casting...Cattle wagon safety  :-\ If we wind up with a charter we most likely can ask for some privileges. Maybe the 80 & Harnell with a 2lb. weight will work but your'e going to be tired  ;D

Joking Tim.

Me too...I just can't pass up a chance to be sarcastic. I will take my Penn Conflict 6000 w/Tsunami 7' 20-40 & a few jigmaster types...If we go shallow then it will be a blast thowing light jigs and swim baits. 

Might bring my bass swim bait setup then

Big Tim

MarkT

I'm heading out on the 22nd on a 2 1/2 day on the Pacific Voyager.  I got the 60#+BFT in my avatar pic on that trip last year.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Mark, I have a free pass and a $25.00 off pass for that boat this year  ;D ;D ;D I landed my twin 40's a few years back out there...Halibut & WSB on stunned live squid on a penn 113H w/40 mono...I will go as soon as I know how much flesh the IRS gets  >:(

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on March 31, 2015, 12:18:07 AM
No trolling, but it would definitely get a laugh or 2 if you bring your Harnell and 80 ... Think light tackle..Jigmasters and spinners...If you are in 200-240' with a current up to 1lb. weight and and a rock cod rig...Me I like 4-6oz jigs and a 50' flip cast. If we get shallow then game on. Most of these boats do not allow overhead casting...Cattle wagon safety  :-\ If we wind up with a charter we most likely can ask for some privileges. Maybe the 80 & Harnell with a 2lb. weight will work but your'e going to be tired  ;D

Joking Tim.

I tend to fish "Old School " because I inherited so much gear.
I have another Harnell , 10/25 I think w/a 2/0 mint Penn that was my Dads for flipping underhanded.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

i was gently reminded yesterday that may is my parents 60th wedding anniversary.  can't remember if it's the 21st or the 25th of may.  i wonder if mom and dad would like to go fishing.  i'm sure dad would!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Big Tim on March 31, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
Mark, I have a free pass and a $25.00 off pass for that boat this year  ;D ;D ;D I landed my twin 40's a few years back out there...Halibut & WSB on stunned live squid on a penn 113H w/40 mono...I will go as soon as I know how much flesh the IRS gets  >:(
Tim, I never saw a stunning squid...  ;D ;D I have had tasty squid though.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on March 31, 2015, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on March 31, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
Mark, I have a free pass and a $25.00 off pass for that boat this year  ;D ;D ;D I landed my twin 40's a few years back out there...Halibut & WSB on stunned live squid on a penn 113H w/40 mono...I will go as soon as I know how much flesh the IRS gets  >:(
Tim, I never saw a stunning squid...  ;D ;D I have had tasty squid though.  Dominick

Lip stick an a skirt...Irresistible  ;D

Stunning

And you must also respect the SQUID  :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IumiGIM26wc&list=TLJlznddO9bBE

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on March 31, 2015, 07:30:22 PM
i was gently reminded yesterday that may is my parents 60th wedding anniversary.  can't remember if it's the 21st or the 25th of may.  i wonder if mom and dad would like to go fishing.  i'm sure dad would!

Bring the whole family..Whoever doesn't want to fish they can take your credit card and have a great time  ;D

MarkT

I'm doing a 1 1/2 day on the Pac Voyager on May Day too!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I take it back Tim.  That is a stunning squid.  However, with all the colors it must be Italian, so it really is a calamari.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

I'm in,  confirmed for 1 maybe 2.
I just called Glenn and paid.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Well they are off and running in Moro Bay...Nice start with 4 sign ups, I will get a list going soon a I have been very busy:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morro-Bay-Landing/515082565225540