Just saying Hi

Started by Nickelplated, April 08, 2015, 03:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickelplated

Hi everyone, I'm a avid fisherman from St. George, UT. I usually go down to Baja, Mexico do surf fishing every year. I usually fish mostly for Corvina's down there.

Keta

Hi, I love Baja but usually drag a boat down.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on April 08, 2015, 03:09:20 AM
Hi, I love Baja but usually drag a boat down.

In his teeth.  Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

Where do you guys normally fish in Baja??  I usually am in Southern Baja on the Sea of Cortez.  For years I used to fish mainly south of Los Barriles--which is s/o La Paz.  We would camp and fish out of Los Frailes which is s/o Cabo Pulmo.  Now I fish out of Bahia de Los Muertos or El Sargento--both of which are near Isla Cerralvo.  These are s/e of La Paz.  Boats at all these locations have to launched on the beach--there are no ramps!!
TomT

Keta

I like the Santa Roselea area but have fished Bahia de Los Muertos.  There is a fair ramp on the far left side of the beach at the bay of the dead by where they were building a bar the last time I was there.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nickelplated

I normally fish down by a small town called San Felipe on the Cortez side. It can be hit or miss at times. But, I had lot good days down there that keep me going back...

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TomT

Lee,
There is a nice ramp at Los Muertos now and and a nice bar also..  When I first was there, you couldn't get within 1/4 mile of the beach without 4wd so we had to camp away from the beach area and we had to bring in our own "Pacifico". ;D ;D  When I fish out of there now, I usually don't use my own boat and go with a Mexican guide in his panga---they don't use the ramp.  Some gringos with larger boats do use it though.  Interestingly enough, I have never been to the bar either--I still bring my Pacifico.
I usually fish out of a place closer to my Baja home--El Sargento.  They are trying to build a ramp there, but I doubt if many of the locals will use it.  Depending on the time of year, etc they catch dorado, yellowtail, amberjack, marlin, wahoo and also many varieties of rock and shore fish.  At the "right" there are LOTS of dorado. I always enjoy talking to other Baja fishermen.
TomT

Keta

We got into some nice roosters toward the long sand point when we were there.  El Sargento looked like a nice place too.

Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Welcome.  My dad and a group of buddies used to trailer boats down cortez side of baja years ago.  Good fishing.  I'd like to fish that area sometime, but a boat ramp would be mandatory.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

dutchy17

Welcome from Australia, Nickleplated. You have just joined the best, most knowledgeable and friendliest Reel Repair, Upgrade and Service site on the Planet.     
Regards, Dirk
Why is everything i love either illegal, immoral or carry's a health warning!

Nickelplated

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I figured it was time to introduce myself. I've been reading on this website for some time and got a lot useful information by using the search engine. I wanted to say thanks for everybody took the time to input and help out with information on reels and etc. This is a great site! :)

foakes

Welcome, NP --

Lots to learn here about keeping your gear ready for BAJA.

St.George is a neat looking area.  College there, I think?

Always stopped there on my way up to Panguitch, UT -- when deer hunting.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.