50th Ann Penn International

Started by BigJimbo, April 09, 2015, 07:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Jimbo - Fantastic!  Congrats on the sale, glad it stayed 'Local'. AT.com is a special place hopefully you'll share some of your other photos/stories/items with us.  Have a nice weekend.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

handi2

Now that its off the market I don't have to worry myself about pulling the trigger on this one. I was VERY close..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

BigJimbo

I'll be boxing up the 50th Penn in a few days. Always bitter-sweet seeing something of dad's go so I was stoked when I found this site with kindred spirits and I know if any of you were fishing off So. Cal. in the 60's, 70's & 80's you might have shared the rail with him, or me. And if any of you own a Ruger anywhere on the Western United States it went through dad from '90 to 2005 he was the NW rep. To say we had a fun childhood into adulthood is under estimating it.  ;D

Tightlines667

You don't have any of those super accurate Ruger .270 bolt actions from the mid to late 70s, with the adjustable triggers in need of a new home per chance?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

BigJimbo

Guns? What guns. No guns in my house. (no, sorry)

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

PE Pete

Quote from: BigJimbo on April 09, 2015, 07:09:47 PM
After my dad passed my mom gave this to me after being unsuccessful on E-Bay. The honchos at Penn gave this to dad for his several decades of sales, service and using their gear. It's been in the closet since 1982 and I cleaned it up fairly well. Number 372 out of 440. Seen them going for $1000+ but I'm not that greedy.
Offers at $750 or?

Mate that's not hardware it's art!

Rancanfish

Even the handle.  That thing just trips all my bells. Wow.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Penn Chronology

The handle on these reels is made from Zebra Wood. It is illegal to harvest Zebra Wood today, making these old anniversary reels a bit more special.

BigJimbo

Quote from: Penn Chronology on June 27, 2015, 05:38:47 AM
The handle on these reels is made from Zebra Wood. It is illegal to harvest Zebra Wood today, making these old anniversary reels a bit more special.
I shoulda asked for more!
I see these big reels being used on the Discovery Channel show with the tuna anglers off Cape Cod. I can't imagine landing (or hooking) a fish that big.

coastal_dan

The one's on TV are mostly 80's and 130's, they make these 50's look tiny! Haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...