Started by ez2cdave, April 15, 2015, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

dont know about the price but
the level wind looks used,its not mint,came off a rod,no box
whats it doing with fishing line on it
$72 postage,hes nuts.

MarkT

If you say it's rare and ask 10x what it's worth some one might buy it. You can't get it if you don't ask.
For that kind of money you could get a high end rod and reel for bid Tuna like a Makaira with a Grafighter.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marcq

It's very far from being near mint that's for sure  ::)

Marc..

bestout

it looks like it has been normal use, the bearing cap on the non handle side looks beat up
The monsters in my head are scared......

ez2cdave

Thanks, guys . . . I thought I might have been "missing something" . . . Glad to see I wasn't !

Tight Lines !

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

A good imagination and the usual owner who thinks his possessions  are worth more then anyone else who has the same items. Some times I'm tempted to tell gun owners who want a fortune for a common firearm that they are out of there gourd...but that's not good business ::) ;D   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

borchcl

I have several of those with even more boat rash. That should make them worth even more than $1200, right? ;D

Shark Hunter

That seller is a member here. I PM'd him to enlighten us. He said its on Consignment and he would take care of it. He is just busy.
Life is Good!

Reel 224

I am not trying to start up a issue here, but I just want to say that I have valued firearms by the firearms blue book and for other owners for consignment. It's my responsibility to sell an item at it's true value and to make sure the owner is aware of those facts. I realize we are talking about a fishing reel here, but the same integrity applies. It really makes my blood boil when someone tries to take advantage of others...be honest and be fair.   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

We should remember -- this is eBay -- not a certified appraisal service.

EBay is similar to an Arab Bazaar -- wide open and sometimes wild.

Ebay gets paid whether sold or not -- the seller probably gets paid something from his consignor -- only the consignor loses, since he pays the ebay seller something when the $60 reel doesn't sell for $1200.

The ebay seller has an ebay store, nearly 24,000 (99.9%) positive feedbacks -- and likely just automatically lists stuff for people who do not want to sell themselves -- for a preset fee.  He is just working on numbers and volume -- while trying to keep everything running smooth.  He is doing listing, photos, paperwork, record keeping, tons of emails to answer questions, $$$ transactions, shipping, packaging, etc, etc...  Lots of work.

It is only up to the buyer to be smart about pricing.

After all, we all look at ebay, right?  None of us has ever complained that an item we purchased was bought way too cheaply.  Why should we complain if it is priced way too high?  Just move on to another item.

However, this seems like a good seller,who will adjust the price after he gets time to take a closer look.

Just my own personal opinions --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!