What makes this 6500 worth $1200 ???

Started by ez2cdave, April 15, 2015, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

RowdyW

I'm reading $10.95 shipping and delivery in 4 days.

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Robert Janssen

Seriously, its not like there was a typo or anything...

Keta

Mark Twain

RowdyW

Quote from: wallacewt on April 16, 2015, 01:08:34 AM
dont know about the price but
the level wind looks used,its not mint,came off a rod,no box
whats it doing with fishing line on it
$72 postage                                                                                                                                                                This one $10.95 shipping.  That is what this post was started about                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

RowdyW

115 9/0  listed on ebay now! 1938-39 truly rare. $650.00 or best offer & free shipping. I don't know how to transfer the listing to this site.      RUDY

Tightlines667

Quote from: RowdyW on April 16, 2015, 09:17:31 PM
115 9/0  listed on ebay now! 1938-39 truly rare. $650.00 or best offer & free shipping. I don't know how to transfer the listing to this site.      RUDY

I know you are trying to help, but I think alot of members would prefer if 'rare' finds are not advertised here before the auction closes.  I know there is no policy against sharing EBAY (or other listings) here, and many times sharing local listings of items members may he interested in are beneficial. 

This isn't exactly a 'sleeper' listing, and is fair game, but listing rare reels here can and will likely cause an increase in interest, and increased final sale price on an item.  So although you may list it here in an attempt to help members out, listing it in multiple places, will likely help the seller, and hurt the buyer(s)/interested members. 

I don't mean to single you out, and to be fair members can post what they want to...

Sometimes you might be better off PMimg specific member/members, rather then advertising it for all. 

On the other hand, if you are a seller, listing it here as well as EBAY will likely help your cause. 

Many other forums have policy in place that prevent
1)Sharing listings from (and linking to) other sites
2)Listing items for sale, that are simultaneously listed on EBAY in an active auction.

Personally, I donn't think we need such policies here, but I just wanted to remind members to give a little thought before sharing active EBAY listings on the site.

Try not to wake the 'sleepers'.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

I'm really sorry I started to turn this thing around, I should have just kept quiet because I know nothing about E-Bay or any of the internet sales places. However I will say as previously stated it is the buyers responsibility to know what he is purchasing on such a site, BUT we can not know everything about everything...and we should be able to rely on seller honesty regardless. I'm just old fashioned that way, when a hand shake meant something. If my statements offended anyone please except my apology.   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

I still think it is fair to share with all members on this forum. I only wrote what was in the listing. Why should it be hidden from one & not another. It was public information that was shared. And until it becomes a rule that public information can not be shared here nobody has the right to put someone down for a comment.    RUDY

Aiala

Quote from: foakes on April 16, 2015, 05:16:18 PM
It is only up to the buyer to be smart about pricing.

Exactly so. Or, as the saying goes, "Caveat emptor."  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Tightlines667

Quote from: RowdyW on April 16, 2015, 10:49:37 PM
I still think it is fair to share with all members on this forum. I only wrote what was in the listing. Why should it be hidden from one & not another. It was public information that was shared. And until it becomes a rule that public information can not be shared here nobody has the right to put someone down for a comment.    RUDY

I certainly wasn't putting you or anyone else down.  Just wanted to share a personal opinion.  This site gets over 50,000 hits a day.  Many times sellers do not know what their reel is exactly, and may post erronous info in the for sale ad.

This particular reel is a gem, but the seller knows exactly what he's got, so there is no need to hold back from further advertising, or corrections/discussion regarding errors.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on these matters...I just wanted to urge members to use some common sense before sharing active EBAY Postings.  

Personally, I am going to refrain from posting info here, unless it is a buy it now, I am the seller, or the auction has ended. Simply because I don't want to step on any member that has active interest in buying the reel's toes.

As you say, there is no rule against sharing this public information here, as there is on Bloody Decks, ORCA, THT, and other popular forums.  I like the fact that we don't have a bunch of restrictive rules here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Yes today's way of life. Let the buyer beware.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Here is my opinion, I believe this thread is expanding a bit too far :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.