Im starting to like this thing of "repair and service" reels for new friends

Started by steelfish, April 16, 2015, 03:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

100% agree with you Andrew, I also took this action (from my old friend) like an appreciation gift not as a pure payment.

best of all is that Im really enjoy working on reels, separate every single screw, spring, metal, gears, etc, clean them, lube them and build it again knowing that now its better than it came from the factory, my full time job is accounting (CPA) and it can be a really stressing job, as far as as today servicing reels helps me as a relaxing activity and makes me forget everything of my day job when Im working on a reel at night...
hey, if you enjoy what you do and after that you get paid or receive this kinds of gifts its like Bryan said, feels great to feel appreciated.

as a side note:
yesterday, this good old friend came to my office (daytime job) to talk a bit about fishing, at the end when he was leaving I told him, I still can believe you gave me that beautiful reel for my work on your reels, he replied.. well my friend, if you feel underpaid just tell me how much I still own you (while he was taking his wallet from his backpocket) , then he laughed and told me, forget about it, just take the reel and go fishing with it amigo.

The Baja Guy

otghoyt

Hey Andrew....I suffer from the same psychosis! 

Reelaholics are addicted to making their reels perform at the highest efficiency the design will allow.  Sometimes I will take a perfect reel out of it's box and just caress the metal and wipe off the fingerprints.  Fishaholics are seemingly passive people but when the bite is on, WATCH OUT!  The hyper focus makes the world go away.  The adrenaline increases strength and will.  Very addicting stuff!  Best drug on the planet! 

I got both versions and it may be terminal!.

HO

basto

I was given one of my favourite reels by an extremely generous man in USA simply because I wrote a post online about how good it was compared to it`s successors. He would not even accept postage costs to Australia.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n