Main Menu

Mary Lee

Started by Alto Mare, May 13, 2015, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Quote from: Keta on May 14, 2015, 03:02:27 AM
We started diving the cove before the state bought the property.  Was the large anchor still at the park entrance?  We brought it up from 90' and brought it to the beach.  We were being closely watched from the top of the bluff and as soon as we got it above the high tide line the rangers took it away from us.  We were pissed but what can you do with an 1100 pound anchor.  I still have a link of the chain.

YES, in 1980 the large anchor was at the park entrance!  Nice to put a face to the anchor!!!!  Have not been there since 1989 - I'll have to arrange for a trip to check it out and if there will photograph it and post it here!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bestout

INSHORE!!!!  
The monsters in my head are scared......

Reel 224

Quote from: bestout on May 14, 2015, 09:27:57 PM
INSHORE!!!!  

Looks like she was near the outlet of oyster creek where the discharge from the nuclear power plant is, that's fairly shallow area there. Used to be great Bass fishing before Sandy hit the shore area.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

El Pescador

Quote from: El Pescador on May 14, 2015, 03:40:22 AM
Quote from: Keta on May 14, 2015, 03:02:27 AM
We started diving the cove before the state bought the property.  Was the large anchor still at the park entrance?  We brought it up from 90' and brought it to the beach.  We were being closely watched from the top of the bluff and as soon as we got it above the high tide line the rangers took it away from us.  We were pissed but what can you do with an 1100 pound anchor.  I still have a link of the chain.

YES, in 1980 the large anchor was at the park entrance!  Nice to put a face to the anchor!!!!  Have not been there since 1989 - I'll have to arrange for a trip to check it out and if there will photograph it and post it here!

Wayne

Lee!!

Guess WHAT????

Here's your Anchor!!!!

And from what my Buddy is telling me, the Park Rangers often receive questions on the story behind the anchor!

Interesting.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!