Penn Sargus 6000 damaged

Started by cavalier, June 01, 2015, 09:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavalier

Hi Guys,

Thanks to my stupidity, I left my Penn Sargus 6000 on the roof of my Jeep & drove off. The reel went flying & the this is the end result. The rotor assembly has come off. The problem is that some parts have been thrown off & I need guidance on the parts that may have broken off. Can the reel be repaired.

Regards
Cavalier

handi2

I should have used parts to get this reel going again.

Remove the 3 side cover screws and the one small flat head screw to take the side cover off. Turn the gear so the crosswind block is at the bottom. You will see 2 small flat head screws. Remove those and the spool shaft will slide out the top.

Now you will see where and what is broken to hold the rotor onto the body of the reel. I have about 30 of these parts reels in different sizes so post back with pictures of what is broken and I'll see if you have what's needed.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

cavalier

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Will follow your instructions & get back.

Regards
Cavalier

cavalier

Hi Keith,

I opened up the reel as per your instructions & took pics.

cavalier

Some more pics.

It appears that the threaded brass tube had a lock nut which secured the rotor assembly to the body / shaft. This brass threaded portion is broken. I am also not able to make out if any other part has been thrown away during the fall.

Regards
Cavalier

handi2

PM me your address and I will get a new pinion gear and nut to you. Plus anything else that might be missing. There is a small spring that fits around the brass piece on top of the pinion gear (the brass piece that is stripped). Is that spring still attached?

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Is this all you need? After the top rotor nut is tightened there is a locking ring and screw. Do you need that also?

Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

I also see a lever missing that activates the back up anti reverse pawl. I'll throw that in too.
Gulf Breeze, FL

cavalier

Hi Keith,

Thanks once again. Yes, I would be needing all the parts mentioned by you. , The brass pinion gear, spring, locking ring & screw & lever for the anti reverse pawl. Pl let me know how much I owe you & how can I pay you. I have sent my address by PM.

Thanks a ton

Regards
Cavalier

handi2

Look and see if this is all you need and I'll mail it Monday.

Pinion gear and rotor locking nut. Locking ring and screw. Anti reverse lever complete. I'll also throw in s Carbontex kit and Cal's grease for any of the Penn 7000/8000 reels.

I'll change the drag washers to the ones for the 5000/6000 before mailing.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

cavalier

Hi,
Thanks once again. Can you also  add the small oval plastic cover at the base of the reel. It is held by two small screws.
Regards
Cavalier

handi2

I assume and by looking at the pictures you need the bottom cover. Got it..
Gulf Breeze, FL

cavalier

Yes Keith, I need the bottom cover.
Regards
Cavalier