first report - June 5-7th "2 Day" Rockfish Charter - Sponsored by California Tac

Started by alantani, June 07, 2015, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

just got a text from jon vadney!

You missed an epic trip.  We released over 200 keeper(s) and another 150 or 200 short lings.  Not a single person caught less than 20 lings yesterday.  Reds to 10 pounds.  Probably 50-60 cabezon.  

what, no pictures?

Lol, I'll text you some later.  JP ling was right around 20#.  We were throwing 30" lings back.  

David Hall won my raffle rod haha

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Good for David.  He was really excited and was working on his gear up to the last minute.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon Vadney

Wow...what a trip. The fishing all day Saturday was unreal.  It wasn't exaggeration or hyperbole when I texted Alan telling him we released 200 keeper lings for 22 anglers. Honestly, that is a conservative number. Very conservative.  We caught a bunch of reaaaaly big reds, big chuckleheads, a bunch of cab drivers, tons of lings...hell, even a couple of sheepshead were landed.  Everyone got a seeker Tshirt and our own David Hall won the raffle for a Seeker custom rod I had built. There wasn't a single person on the boat who said that they have experienced better rockfish fishing than what we had on Saturday.  It was insane.

Sunday we moved back down the line and the fishing was a bit slower, but we still landed a ton of fish and had a great time. This was a really fun trip as almost everyone were veteran anglers. We only had a few tangles (probably less than 5 for the whole boat for both days of fishing).  

Alto Mare

Very nice Jon. In the first pic, are those guys really short or are you a giant?  ;D
Thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on June 08, 2015, 08:23:57 PM
you have no idea how big this man really is!   ;D
I know.  I got a crick in my neck talking to him at the front of my house.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Jon Vadney

Big Tim

Awesome pics and report guys...If I don't go fishin' soon I'm going to have a major headache from banging my head against the wall  ;D

David Hall

I'm still recovering!
It was a fantastic trip, great fishing, weather, captain and crew, most of all great bunch of people.
And to top it all off I am the proud new owner of a Jon Vadney original.
Thanks Jon I had a blast.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: David Hall on June 09, 2015, 02:10:36 AM
I'm still recovering!
It was a fantastic trip, great fishing, weather, captain and crew, most of all great bunch of people.
And to top it all off I am the proud new owner of a Jon Vadney original.
Thanks Jon I had a blast.

Thank you for coming my friend!  I'm really glad you had a great time. :)

fIsHsTiiCkS

Oh man Im kicking myself for not being able to go! That is an amazing haul! Nice catching guys.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on June 09, 2015, 04:07:50 AM
Oh man Im kicking myself for not being able to go! That is an amazing haul! Nice catching guys.

You should be!! Haha.  I'm sure we'll get to share the rail in the future on an epic trip of some sort!

Here's David with his Seeker 500 and Seeker Tshirt.  He was ahead of the game before we even left the harbor!!!

David Hall

It may not look like it but I was smiling real big on the inside.  I just couldnt beleive I won anything much less this beautiful blue seeker rod! My blue avet MXJ fit right on it.
This being my first 2-1/2 day rockfishing trip I was terribly unprepared, I was okay with rods and reels but no where near set with Irons and soft baits.  Fortunately I had no trouble getting and losing rigs from other people, especially Jon who graciously dipped into his gear bag for not just me but anyone who asked, In fact if I remember correctly he donated an iron that pulled up the biggest fish of the day on Sunday on the first drop netting the happy fisherman a 180.00 bounty which he in turn gave to the crew to split among themselves.  On  I will definately know better next time and bring plenty of gear.  

SO WHEN IS THE NEXT TRIP ????????????