6/0 - Stainless Steel posts thoughts?

Started by coastal_dan, June 09, 2015, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Did a quick search and didn't see much so...

Anyone using the Stainless Steel posts that are listed on eBay?  Any success with them?  Trying to figure out if I want to go with a factory alum. frame or the stainless cross posts... not sure on frame cost yet, but the posts are about $22 shipped...

Thanks for any input.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

RowdyW

If you are looking for strength you will have to go with a aluminum frame. If your looking for more corrosion resistance then the SS is better then the chrome over brass posts. SS strength over brass is marginal.

Doug

I have them on a 1/0 and  a 2/0 senator from the guy on E bay . They are a slightly larger diameter than the original posts but still fit the side rings . I like them where other options are not available like on the 2/0    Doug

Shark Hunter

Dan, if you leave the drag stock. The posts will hold up fine. Its when you start adding inserts and black pearl gears when you need the frame. The 114H is a tank in stock form. I use those posts on my Bigger Senators because there is no frame available and you just can't have enough stainless. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Thanks guys for the input!  Looks like I should got with the alum. frame.  Not going to go crazy with this, but the drag will be upgraded.

Thanks!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...