GYOTAKU – Now Anybody can have Original Artwork at Home

Started by LLCC, June 10, 2015, 08:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Wow,  That turned out great.  Looks like you got the hang of it pretty quickly there.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Steve-O

What he said! ;D

Really does look good. Ready to swim off of the print.

Can we see a pic of the print on the wall, please?

David Hall

Germ

Picture of it today. Paper has warped a little since then, I'll have to smooth it out and reframe.

Tightlines667

Wow!  Those are some serious gems you've got there.  Have you upgraded all the guts on those as well?

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Steve-O

Quote from: Germ on June 21, 2015, 02:53:07 AM
Picture of it today. Paper has warped a little since then, I'll have to smooth it out and reframe.

Looks great! Gyotaku prints get that way and it's not really a detractor to the print. If you do decide to flattened it out, a red stamp would look great on it.  Doesn't have to be authentic, fancy or even soapstone material...some folks just carve a raw potato into the classic shape and cut their initials or other something into it - in reverse, of course - then add red ink or paint and stamp it.  Just a thought.

Oh and the reel collection is Super Deluxe!

steelfish

wow... super nice work

one silly question, can you eat the fish after you put all that ink in the skin?
The Baja Guy

Steve-O

Quote from: steelfish on June 22, 2015, 06:11:01 PM
wow... super nice work

one silly question, can you eat the fish after you put all that ink in the skin?

I don't think bonefish are touted as good tablefare...but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, use water base non- toxic inks or paints and just rinse it well afterwards. Then freeze or cook it. ;D

Here's one i just did this week.

Germ

I use acrylic paint that is labeled as water-based and non-toxic. After the print, the paint easily washes off. As for bonefish, here in Hawaii, we mainly eat bonefish by scraping the meat with a spoon and making fish cakes.

Dominick

Quote from: Germ on June 23, 2015, 05:32:58 AM
As for bonefish, here in Hawaii, we mainly eat bonefish by scraping the meat with a spoon and making fish cakes.
Hey Germ how about a recipe for fish cakes?  Hopefully with instructions for using fish other than bonefish as they are not readily available in my area.  dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

LLCC

In my part of the pond, we swear that fish cakes and fish balls made with the Yellowtail Fusilier (http://www.fishbase.org/summary/919) taste the best. And the Teochew Chinese make the best fish balls.

If you dare to try, I can try giving you grandma's recipe.

LL
Lawrence Lee

Dominick

Quote from: LLCC on June 24, 2015, 09:10:32 AM
In my part of the pond, we swear that fish cakes and fish balls made with the Yellowtail Fusilier (http://www.fishbase.org/summary/919) taste the best. And the Teochew Chinese make the best fish balls.

If you dare to try, I can try giving you grandma's recipe.

LL
Please post the recipe in the recipe section.  Thanks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

A little 4-5 inch Bluegill. Makes for good practice printing. Thinned ink resolves details way better than Lino Block ink.
:)

Newell Nut

Steve-O

Printed a fish tale....err...tail. This is from a recent catch. Nearly a meter long 27# White Amur or grass carp.

Only got 4 tail prints and three full size as the 58" per print off my roll depleted my stock quickly. Another ten meter roll is on the way for my Alaska Trip Gyotaku printing. I also carved another stamp for practice and will make one more  to get closer to what I want for my chop.

This print is now on my office wall and is about 12 inches square.