What a nice surprise....

Started by Alto Mare, June 10, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I came home this afternoon and at the same time the Fed-ex truck pulled up, what a timing
Here is what was in the package:

and here is the Master that put this baby together

and another lovely surprise

A little while back I contacted Dwight and told him that I needed to have one of his rods. I gave him a general idea of what I was looking for and I also told him not to contact me, it was in his hands.

Dwight, I don't know what to say, this rod is way more than i ever imagined.
The craftsmanship is perfect, I do not see a mark or misalignment  anywhere.
My daughter was asking me questions about it, as I was  pulling it from the package and she sa!1.id that i wasn't even listening ;D.
I know how much work and special touches you've put into this masterpiece, I'm impressed!
Thank you so much my friend... I love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Beautiful beyond words...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Wow! I wish my postman would deliver surprises like that :)

Newell Nut

Sal

I am very happy that it meets your expectations and I was elated that you asked me to build you one. You are such a great craftsman it gave me a little worry to get it just right for the master. My priority is "Built for Battle" and then I worry about the cosmetics and try to dress them nicely. The Seeker Hercules rods are very strong so don't be afraid to load it up on some nice fish.

Now take some time from the bricks and mortar and go use it. ;D

Dwight

Reel 224

NICE STICK!! ;D I like the color Italian  (Bella Italia)
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

BonitaBch

Newell Nut strikes again ...  ;D

Sal, enjoy your rod  8)
Bonita Beach, FL

Doug

Wow What a nice rod Dwight does some nice work. now take a day away from the bricks and motor and try it out   Doug

Dominick

The Italian flag really looks cool.  Congratulations Sal.  The best to you also Dwight, you do nice work.  I have say I like the signature shark tooth in all your rods.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Nice work Dwight!

That rod really turned out nice.

Good clean crisp lines, on a solid blank, with what appear to be quality components.  I am sure Sal will make good use of this one.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Thanks Guys, I told Sal that every time that I went into the garage to check on it I kept thinking of pizza so when I finished it Sunday afternoon I asked Elli to order up a pizza and celebrated appropriately with a bottle of merlot. ;D

reelrepair123

fantastic rod for a fantastic fellow, built by a fantastic friend, great work dwight, i like those guides and of course sal's colors, reely nice,  sal enjoy your new rod, i'm sure you have a tank to put on it. again, real nice job dwight.

handi2

Now that is a rod built to last a lifetime..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

That's friggin' awesome. Nice job Dwight and Sal most certainly is a deserving recipient.

Mac53

Beautiful functionality, I know you built it to put the hurting on the fish and not on Sal.  Post up some fish pics when you can!

Mac