What a nice surprise....

Started by Alto Mare, June 10, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Sal, that is too cool, those guides are awesome.  Interesting how the go on the side of the blank rather than on top of it.  Thanks for sharing the picture.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

ChileRelleno

Quote from: coastal_dan on June 17, 2015, 12:47:52 PM
Sal, that is too cool, those guides are awesome.  Interesting how the go on the side of the blank rather than on top of it. 
Huh, on the side ???
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

Sal, those are awesome!!! I have a Harnell 130 that I've been in the process of rewrapping for about 7 years that has the Mildrums; I was thinking of going Aftco but will probably keep the Mildrum's on it. it was in rough shape or I'd have left it alone, but I think I paid $75 for it so can't go wrong. If you recall a couple weeks back I asked you about the Fenwick 80 reel seat. Mine looks like a weird hybrid of #6 and #7: Bigfoot Aftco's but with the EVA butt and aluminum Fenwick seat. I'm gonna try to figure out how to post pics this weekend. I love the old Fenwick stuff but it's pretty rare down here; I grab it when I see it. Also have several of the original Senator rods; good parking spots for 113's.

John

coastal_dan

Quote from: ChileRelleno on June 17, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Quote from: coastal_dan on June 17, 2015, 12:47:52 PM
Sal, that is too cool, those guides are awesome.  Interesting how the go on the side of the blank rather than on top of it.
Huh, on the side ???

On the big Fenwick's it looks like the guides actually attach on the side of the blanks...interesting.

Edit:  After seeing Thorhammers post I looked up the Mildrum roller guides pretty darn cool.

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

Dan, the Mildrums are unique in this design AFAIK. Certainly not a Wintrop but the fit and finish for the period is pretty good; the Harnell had seen plenty of use but the Mildrums dont have a spec of corrosion. 

John