2015 alantani.com/sprit of adventure charter (stills and video done!)

Started by alantani, June 21, 2015, 02:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahistick

ahistick

John

Can you describe your first hand experience with the Intrepid and Independence?  Been wanting to go on both boats for awhile...

Thank you...

Quote from: johndtuttle on June 22, 2015, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Dominick on June 22, 2015, 04:03:33 PM
I can't imagine spending 5 days on a boat but it looks like a good time.  I have to re-think this long range stuff.  Dominick

Until you have been on one of the LR fleet it's hard to explain how much room there is and how comfortable (for a fishing boat). The SoA is not even the queen of the fleet by any means as compared to Intrepid or Independence etc.

JoeyFortina

What an awesome trip! Thanks for everything Alan!!!!!!! It was nice fishing with everyone!

Big Tim

Quote from: dangalang on June 22, 2015, 04:26:26 AM
I had a great time and enjoyed fishing with everyone! Thanks Alan for putting this together! Here are some videos:

40# Homeguard Yellowtail on a Avet SX 5.3

Nice fish dude

johndtuttle

Quote from: ahistick on June 23, 2015, 01:01:43 AM
John

Can you describe your first hand experience with the Intrepid and Independence?  Been wanting to go on both boats for awhile...

Thank you...

Quote from: johndtuttle on June 22, 2015, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Dominick on June 22, 2015, 04:03:33 PM
I can't imagine spending 5 days on a boat but it looks like a good time.  I have to re-think this long range stuff.  Dominick

Until you have been on one of the LR fleet it's hard to explain how much room there is and how comfortable (for a fishing boat). The SoA is not even the queen of the fleet by any means as compared to Intrepid or Independence etc.

I've been mostly an RP, Shogun and Excel guy over the years since 1983. The reference was intended to be to their size and space. Indy is the biggest* in the fleet and the Intrepid is the newest and the staterooms are the nicest. I have not gone long with them.

They were both recommended to me by David Tan (Fishybuzz) for being especially roomy.

*biggest fishing space

Jon Vadney

John, just clarifying one thing.  The indy is the 4th largest in the fleet.  Excel-124', Intrepid-116', Royal Polaris-115', indy-112'. 

Marc Fong

Big Tim

Quote from: Jon Vadney on June 23, 2015, 03:42:14 AM
John, just clarifying one thing.  The indy is the 4th largest in the fleet.  Excel-124', Intrepid-116', Royal Polaris-115', indy-112'.  

Can't tell you where I fished from the USS Baltimore (SSN-704)...SECRET  ;D ;D ;D but at 362' she was one of the biggest Long Ranger's in the fleet  ;D computers working and i got to be sarcastic... I would love to go long on one of the big boats out of San Diego

Big Tim

Big Tim

Quote from: Marc Fong on June 23, 2015, 03:49:59 AM
Creative video Big Tim. Sure looks like fun!
you should go with next year...Unless life  kicks me again I will be there

fIsHsTiiCkS

I can't explain how jealous I am!! I will be there next year!

johndtuttle

Quote from: Jon Vadney on June 23, 2015, 03:42:14 AM
John, just clarifying one thing.  The indy is the 4th largest in the fleet.  Excel-124', Intrepid-116', Royal Polaris-115', indy-112'. 

Sorry, to clarify what I meant:

The Indy is reputed to have the largest fishing space of any of the boats in the fleet due to lay out...so, as I understand it the "roomiest" boat in the fleet for fishing (by reputation).

Aiala

The RED ROOSTER III is pretty roomy, too... 105 feet. But extra size doesn't automatically mean better. (Okay, let's forego the snickers, please.) Naturally everyone has their own preference, but it seems to me that excellent service, comfortable layout and dedicated crew are what make for a first-class operation. My favorite boat isn't one of the behemoths, but she never fails to deliver an exemplary angling experience.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on June 23, 2015, 03:20:11 PM
But extra size doesn't automatically mean better. (Okay, let's forego the snickers, please.)
:o  :D :D :D ;D I couldn't help myself.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain