2015 alantani.com/sprit of adventure charter (stills and video done!)

Started by alantani, June 21, 2015, 02:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCH

Epic trip once again Alan, many thanks for your efforts and time making this a memorable experience for all involved! I pledge to remain in 'pole position' behind you on the list for next year. Each year gets better, fishing, crew and comradity beyond expectations! Thanks to everyone for the memories of a lifetime.....

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: broadway on June 22, 2015, 01:04:48 AM
Now that looks like it was an awesome trip with a very cool cast of characters.  Thanks for taking us for the ride... I feel like I owe a few bucks for the trip you just took us on.
Hey Randy, did that Pastrami compare to the Katz's sandwich you bought me when you visited a couples weeks ago? Doubt that, but looks like you ate well anyway. ;)
Thanks for sharing with us,
Dom

Dom, I don't know of any pastrami that can compare to Katz's, but the Spirit Of Adventure's pastrami was the best that I have ever tasted in Mexican waters, and it was almost as good the second time when it came back up after a few hours of slamming into a nasty chop the night that we headed home from Cedros.

It was great to finally get to meet you after all of these years, and I really enjoyed our time together.  I can't begin to thank you enough for giving me that most precious Manhattan commodity...a place to park!  I hope that you can make your way out to California sometime soon so that I can reciprocate.

Thanks again for everything,

Randy

broadway

Hey Randy, I just filleted some fluke and a sea bass with the knife you and your lovely wife got me and it's just what the doctor ordered, thank you. BTW, pastrami on the second go round would probably be okay if you could figure out how to add the mustard. ;D
I've got a question that hasn't come up yet... Who were the high hookers on the trip? ...Dominick, keep it clean. ;)
I saw the guys who won the prizes, but was curious if anyone kept score as there were come serious anglers aboard that vessel.
Thanks
Dom

MarkT

I got 18 YT and don't think I was even close.  Some folks were just on fire.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: broadway on June 30, 2015, 02:27:37 AM
  Hey Randy, I just filleted some fluke and a sea bass with the knife you and your lovely wife got me and it's just what the doctor ordered, thank you. BTW, pastrami on the second go round would probably be okay if you could figure out how to add the mustard. ;D
I've got a question that hasn't come up yet... Who were the high hookers on the trip? ...Dominick, keep it clean. ;)
I saw the guys who won the prizes, but was curious if anyone kept score as there were come serious anglers aboard that vessel.
Thanks
Dom

Dom, mustard would have been nice but I had plenty of bile to go with the recycled pastrami.  I did not keep score, but there is no question that Ken Taniguchi was the hot stick for the trip.  He very quietly slammed fish after fish up on the bow, and there was a steady parade of deckhands hauling his fish back to the kill box.  It was quite an exhibition.

MarkT

Randy, did you get your Terez replaced yet?  You were on fire there too.  I had to get one on the spinner too after the way you getting into them... and one was enough!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: MarkT on June 30, 2015, 04:45:39 AM
Randy, did you get your Terez replaced yet?  You were on fire there too.  I had to get one on the spinner too after the way you getting into them... and one was enough!

Thanks Mark.  You were hotter than a pistol too.  The spinning gear felt strange at first, but once I got used to it, I loved pulling on the rod with my right arm (no pun intended).  I haven't taken the my two-piece Terez back yet, but I will the next time that I go down to So. Cal.  I hope that we get to fish together again on Alan's trip next year, if not sooner.

Randy

alantani

speaking of terez rods, did anyone ever see ben fishing with his white terez rods?  they were a pretty expensive purchase.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Alan, I remember seeing Ben hot-railing half-way around the boat with a big fish and a huge smile on his face, and I'm pretty sure that he had a white Terez in his hands.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Big Tim on June 26, 2015, 01:39:57 AM
We had WSB, Grouper, large Calicos, barracuda, ect. & a Halibut last year but struggled with the Yellowtail numbers, we also had a couple of tuna. This year they had phenomenal Yellowtail fishing but little else? Next year I plan to go again and maybe we will hit it all ??? I guess that's why they call it fishing & not catching

Every trip is different....probably the only trips I have been on that are pretty much consistently the same are 7 day trips in September. If you  hit the ridge north of Mag Bay it is pretty much yellowtail limits for the boat, solid tuna action and a smattering of wahoo, dorado and grouper on the maybe 4 of them I have done that time of year.

It should be noted that all of these trips short of 10 days excessive heat is rarely an issue. Yellowtail waters are not extremely warm. If you are catching them you are generally comfortable on the boat and of course the cabin is air conditioned.

Alans Buddy

Man, what an awesome first trip! I tried to do it all to excess.
Took me about 2.5 days to feel like I was back to normal.
I remember seeing Ken walking from bow to stern a lot!
Seemed like Randy could've used bananas and still get bit.
I probably missed a lot of other action, having too much other fun.
Thanks to all of you!