e-clips

Started by Sandbar33, December 29, 2010, 06:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandbar33

Need to pick up some e-clips at my local hardware store. Does anybody know right off hand what the standard size is that would cover things like idler gears and the clips used on the handle side?

Bryan Young

Unfortunately, the differ from reel to reel, and location to location.  Some of the smaller ones are hard to find in stainless steel though .
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Sandbar33

These are for ABU Garcia 6500 C3 reels

RAM3

On mine the ABU Garcia part number is 4490, I just call down to the local tackle shop and see if they have one in stock. It saves you from having to pay for shipping and you know its the right part for your reel. I would take the reel body in with you at least so they can get the right numbers off the foot of the body to get the correct schematic and then the correct part for your reel. Hope this helps.

Ramon   

Bryan Young

Those e-clips just fling off the reel.  I hear ya in wanting to have extras.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Sandbar33

I could order them online no problem but I should be able to find them easily at a hardware store. Would be nice to know the size but I could just take one in and match it up I guess

kapnd

Saw a big one in the sky the other night, fish went berserk during the dark period.

alantani

it's on my list of things to do.  i was thinking of going to mcmaster.com and getting a set of stainless steel e-clips.  there are probably a dozen sizes that are used in all of these different reels.  i've just never sat down and gone through them in a systematic way. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Pro Reel

Most regular hardware stores don't carry stainless steel E clips, I have tried to find them that way myself. You can sometimes find them at auto parts stores or industrial supply stores. If you have a NAPA auto parts store, check there, they have them.

ez2cdave

Actually, eBay has quite a few listed. I found some I needed in listings for RC Car Parts. They have them in both SAE & Metric sizes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Dave F.
Louisburg, NC

kamuwela

make sure they are stainless steel. i used a hardware store bought one as a temporary use, a few months later it was rusted.

Dominick

My Wife's cousin took this photo of the e-clips ;D
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.