Daiwa BG30H conventional weak clicker

Started by weiman83, July 30, 2015, 11:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weiman83

Hi All,

Are the Daiwa BG30H's known to have a weak clicker?  The clicker strength and noise is not the same when reeled or when drag is activated/free spool.  

When fishing and putting it on free spool with the clicker on to signal a bite it has a very weak clicker and is only slightly audible, same goes when drag is pulled when engaged and off of free spool.  However, when taking it off free spool and reeling, the clicker is noticeably stronger and louder.

Is there any way I can fix this or tune it so it's louder/stronger when in free spool?

Edit: In comparison my Fathom 40NLD2 clicker is the same strength/noise when on free spool/reeling/drag activated.

Thanks,

Richard

handi2

The clicker may be worn when the spool is letting line out. When you are reeling the spool is moving the opposite direction against the clicker and making a louder sound. If the click tounge can be turned over try that.

Maybe find another that will fit that is a bit longer?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

jaypeegee

Hi. Look at the Daiwa forum where your other post is. In the saltst 40 thread.
The clicker tongue is held in place by a circular spring which is screwed to the sideplate.
This photo series should help you disassemble your reel.

If your BG is the same as this And the sloshes it should be very loud.

So remove the side plate and confirm the spring ring assembly is seated properly etc
If the clicker is soft on an outgoing line and loud on incoming. I suspect something to not be aligned / square with this.  First thing I'd look at would be the screw that holds the spring assembly down or how the tongue is held in place.  These bits are all metal so shouldn't be worn and should ping out loudly. 

weiman83

Thanks all, i disassembled and flipped the tongue, seems louder now and not muffled. :D  The tongue was bent slightly downward before, this may have caused it to hit something which caused the sound to be muffled.