White Spool Penn 85

Started by Penn Chronology, August 06, 2015, 04:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

Merry Chrsitmas

broadway

I've mentioned this before.... Can we not post listing from ebay until they're sold?... All it does is cause bidding wars between friends.  Not to mention, it's really not right for those who put their time in on eBay and other sites trying to find a good deal.
Thanks
Dom

coastal_dan

Dom - I'm guilty of this too, I'll make sure to stop.  I completely understand where you are coming from.

It is nice to point out something that another member may not have seen but other than PM'ing I guess there is no way of sharing the info.

Hunting on eBay is an addiction and at times we want others to know our pain! ;D

Not sure the seller knows what he has...or maybe he does  :-\

Good luck to the bidders!  I think I've reached my stopping point for the time being.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Penn Chronology

It will not happen again. :-X

Tightlines667

Quote from: broadway on August 07, 2015, 02:46:54 PM
I've mentioned this before.... Can we not post listing from ebay until they're sold?... All it does is cause bidding wars between friends.  Not to mention, it's really not right for those who put their time in on eBay and other sites trying to find a good deal.
Thanks
Dom

X2
Technically there is no rule against this, but I agree it is best to wait until listed items have sold, or utilize the PM or email feature.

Though I admit, I may be calling the kettle black here, since I know I have shared a few postings (i.e. rare or unusual models, at least to me, that I was looking for more information about).
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

coastal_dan

Christmas in August!!!!! :D  Sometimes when a box comes in the mail it really does feel like Christmas morning, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Steve-O

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 07, 2015, 04:48:34 PM
Quote from: broadway on August 07, 2015, 02:46:54 PM
I've mentioned this before.... Can we not post listing from ebay until they're sold?... All it does is cause bidding wars between friends.  Not to mention, it's really not right for those who put their time in on eBay and other sites trying to find a good deal.
Thanks
Dom

X2
Technically there is no rule against this, but I agree it is best to wait until listed items have sold, or utilize the PM or email feature.

Here's the official word on EBAY from the Boss and Bryan Y....posted back in 2011.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2398.0

broadway

Thanks for finding that Steve... And so it was written.
Mike, don't think that I was singling you out as I know there are several people that are guilty of this.
You have opened my eyes to many of my finds and I wouldn't have found them without your knowledge.
It was written back in 2011 when most of our members weren't even members.
Merry Christmas to you too  ;)
Thanks
Dom

Maxed Out

I'm looking for the elusive yellow spool...white just gets dirty too fast ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

$36 seems like a great price!
Dan from Philadelphia...

broadway

Dan, I was next in line from the winner but couldn't justify $50 for a beat 85 with a white spool that's covered in line so I couldn't tell the spool's condition. That reel itself has no business in my collection but the spool would be cool.  The shipping was $12 on that listing.
Dom

coastal_dan

Good point Dom.  I had that issue searching for red anodized spools, you take a huge gamble if line is on the spool.  I had bought one 114HL and ended up parting it out due to being in too 'iffy' condition.

$48 still seems like a great price, also some reels for the kiddos in that package too!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Penn Chronology

OK, now we are done. Clean the four reels and get them working fine. Take the white spool for yourself and put a black plastic spool back into the 85. List all four reels separately. After the sales are done, you will probably get the white spool for free or really cheap. Then look for a Penn 80, place the white spool in the Penn 80 and you have a $75 reel.

That's making the hobby pay for the hobby.

Rancanfish

X2. Exactly the way to do it.

Unless you drag your feet about selling them.   ::)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Tightlines667

Too rich for my blood, and I didn't want to bid against a fellow AT member.  Cool spool though, and Mike has definately got the right idea. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.