7'9" 130lb LBG rod

Started by Lowprofile, August 08, 2015, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

I built this 130lb land based game rod earlier this year.

1800mm 130lb glass blank
Alps #6 butt
PVC hybrid grip with X flock shrink wrap over it
Fuji guides (SiNII)
Alps roller tip (BB)
overall length is 7'9".

please don't mind the little white specs on the guide close up. its dust that had gathered over a couple days before I took finished pics. didn't see it on there until it was uploaded and never retook them.

its just over a foot taller than I am.

test bend with my 12/0. I really put this rod to work with my Makaira and over 60lbs of drag and it worked out phenomenally. ill get a fully loaded pic in the daylight soon. maybe tomorrow.

Reel 224

You did a very nice job on that build LP.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

theluckpusher

"To Hell with Luck, I'll bring the Luck with Me." ---Hemingway

MFB

Nice, what's your target species?

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Lowprofile

Thanks, target is sharks (mostly tigers and mako but we get hammers and have a healthy white population), and some Pelagics like marlin, sails and mahi. Pelagic season starts in November.

Bryan Young

That's a beautiful rod.  I still love simple chevron and diamonds.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Sharkin904

gorgeous! I'll have one similar some day lol

handi2

That's a great looking rod but more important is that it's long enough to work even better..!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Steve-O

VERY NICE build.

Red & Black is how I've done a couple of my rods. However my finished product is more raw recruit looking than 3 stripes.  ::)

Archimedes had such a rod in mind back in the day when he said this "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Newell Nut

Very nice build. Red and black always looks nice. Now see how much you can bend it on a big hook up.

David Hall

That is a beauty of a beast.