Revo Toro Beast Preview: A Revolution in Large Bait Casting

Started by johndtuttle, August 11, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevore

Thanks John, but thats the problem the clips keep turning around the shaft and I can't seem to find a way to prevent it. 

johndtuttle

Quote from: trevore on August 05, 2016, 11:18:35 PM
Thanks John, but thats the problem the clips keep turning around the shaft and I can't seem to find a way to prevent it. 

It should be no trouble if the clips turn, as long as they are in their grooves to anchor the bearing on the sleeve. They don't prevent turning around the shaft, just prevent the bearing from moving up and down to prevent axial movement of sleeve, instead letting the drive shaft move.

ps. If you mean moving when trying to remove them I think I used 2 tools, one to lift out the lip of the rings, the other to prevent the other from turning.

oc1

Try using two sharp awls or two stout needles.  One to hold one end of the clip and prevent the clip from spinning and the second to work under the other end of the clip to pop it out.
-steve

Gfish

So, after reading this thread, took out my Lexa 400, torqued down the drag to lift a 5 lb. dumbbell, then tried to drop it by losening the drag, no way! Man!, I never realized it before. This really changes things... The Swedes use a little too much of various types of plastic on their now-a-days reels for my taste, but they do great job of engineering solutions to a-lot of these annoying little issues. I only have one made in Sweden Ambassedur from the mid-80's, but the "graphite" has never cracked or broken.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Today, using my Shimano Torium 16, I's jigging a spoon over a reef and hung up. A stiff wind was blowing the kayak west and before I knew it, line was too tight--- couldn't release drag pressure, and the 20 lb. leader popped. This axial ARB pressure thing sucks! The Jigmaster's gonna see more action from now on... Question: can a reel with a locked drag 'cause of the ARB, under about 15 lbs. of pulling pressure from the line, be shifted into freespool without damaging it?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

surecatchbilly

Can someone find a schematic for the Revo T2 BST 60-hs?

johndtuttle

Quote from: surecatchbilly on August 11, 2016, 03:51:01 PM
Can someone find a schematic for the Revo T2 BST 60-hs?

They are there on the Abu site, but are a PITA to find. Good luck. :)

surecatchbilly

Thanks,I've looked a lot at their site,I'll keep looking.I found one at Mikes,but the levelwind gears are different.I'm working on a reel just like the one you reviewed

johndtuttle

I took a brief look to see if I got lucky but didn't see one. I would email their customer service at Spirit Lake and see if they can send you a .pdf of one.

I used the one that came with the reel.

best

Zimbass

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Zimbass

They are not an easy site to navigate, even if the reel foot numbers are known.

You win some, lose some  :(

Thanks John.

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

trevore

I have a schematic if you still need it.  I'll have to scan it to get a pdf version.  I can do that tomorrow

trevore