So I have to ask....Vintage Penn Hat

Started by coastal_dan, August 13, 2015, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

I really wanted this hat...but holy cow...I guess this is one of those items that you pay what you think it's worth.  Are these big time collector items?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-PENN-REELS-Sword-Fishing-Bill-Hat-1930s-1940s-/381348028410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=lWK42Yu3anz2RKV8L41mxw1%252FtAo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I wanted to hang it next to a this awesome picture, I believe it's Mrs. Martha Henze, but don't know for sure.  Too cool of a shot...

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

That hat might have Mrs. Henze DNA on it, therefor the price. It is a cool hat though.

Superhook

Dan,

You're correct , the lady in the photo is Martha .

This hat is of the first design and only a few have been seen on Ebay. I think they will always sell for big dollars on Ebay . You need to find one at a garage sale or Flea Market .

Ray

Penn Chronology

Oh yea, I wanted that hat too; but, I knew the auction would go nuts. Ray, this is the only time I have seen this style go for sale. Martha made it famous.

Penn Chronology

I wonder what all these people would have thought if they saw that EBay hat sale? Lets see, $103 each, what does that come to?