HARDY CASCAPEDIA BRUNSWICK 1/0 and 4/0 on EBAY

Started by Tightlines667, August 15, 2015, 07:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

HARDY CASCAPEDIA BRUNSWICK 1/0 and 4/0

Gonna break my own previous advice about only sharing Ebay listings that have ended, since I don't think there will be any serious inter-AT bidding war, or anything to drive the price up for interested parties on this one.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221850015675

$7,414.28 + $468.27 shipping

Buy It Now or Best Offer
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

That's a lot of coin for 2 modern made reels......this just reinforces my admiration for penn reels. Thanks for posting John.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

I made an offer of $50 shipped to California but I have not heard back from the seller.  Don't you think that is rude?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Eight grand for two fly reels?? Who're they angling for, Prince Charles?   :o  ::)  :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Tiddlerbasher

Nar - Charlie boy already has his own ;D I've never heard of fly reels being called 1/0 & 4/0 ??? Does this man really know his stuff :-\ :-\

Penn Chronology

Just plain nuts. I would not pay a penny over 6 large for them. ;D

Tiddlerbasher

Just found out (from a collector friend) that the 1/0 was considered a trout reel (weighs 9 1/2 oz  :o) the 4/0 is a salmon reel. Hardys Bros reissued 500 of the Brunswick Cacapedias in 1991.
An original one from the 1930's was sold at auction in 2008 for £15,000 (pounds not dollars :o :o).