Brief Article Addressing Drag

Started by sundancer, September 11, 2015, 01:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Good evening....

Got a note from BloodyDecks with an Article about drag.

We discuss it here periodically and I thought it was interesting....

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/physics-of-a-proper-drag/

Steve
Miles to go.....,

Tightlines667

Good summary article.  Thanks for sharing!  The other thing that works against you when you have alot of line in the water is the drag the line itself creates when bowing in the water, and the fact that there is no drag on the fish end to relieve building pressure.  This is often the reason why lines will part or crimps fail nearer the fish end.  Of course, chaffing against the fish, boat, anchor line, or even along the rod guides or rollers of a section of line can also lead to failure.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

Quote from: sundancer on September 11, 2015, 01:57:46 AM
Good evening....

Got a note from BloodyDecks with an Article about drag.

We discuss it here periodically and I thought it was interesting....

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/physics-of-a-proper-drag/

Steve

Nothing personal Steve....but IMHO, that "BD" website is the definition of all that is wrong in the fishing world. Just click on the Washington page and you'll see what I mean....Hate, personal attacks, and real life vandalism, and the moderators give them their blessings.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

The WA guys are why I don't go there, and some of them I know, but this information is still good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i checked for the book on amazon.com and found one, so i bought it.  looks like interesting reading!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!