snap floats

Started by willybendit, January 16, 2011, 01:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willybendit

Hello  All     im after two or three big snap floats  the floats are to be used for porbeagle shark fishing here in the uk i understand that the snap floats are made in the states  only ever seen the one  the chap who owns the float bought in wile on holiday  anyone have contact details of where i might get them from    tightlines Alain

Bryan Young

Can you post a drawing of the device?  It would help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

willybendit

Hi Bryan   thank you for showing a intrest  the float i saw was about 9 inches long  by 3 inches  round  there is a spring running down the middle   how it is used is you fould the float in half and it locks  your main line  at a set depth  say 60ft in 100ft of water  when you get a take  the float snaps staight and runs down your main line  and stops at the swivel on your hook trace  so you can bring your fish along side by the leader     this saves having 30ft of 400LBS  leader on the boats deck which could lead to you getting all tangled up   round your legs the Shark  im after can reach in 350LBs the biggest one so far caught was 250 Lbs and run like a steam train and can rip 200 yards of line off you in seconds  the sharks are Porbeagle      hope this helps   ill see if my son will help me post pictures    tightlines Alain

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Quote from: willybendit on January 16, 2011, 07:10:10 PM
Hi Bryan   thank you for showing a intrest  the float i saw was about 9 inches long  by 3 inches  round  there is a spring running down the middle   how it is used is you fould the float in half and it locks  your main line  at a set depth  say 60ft in 100ft of water  when you get a take  the float snaps staight and runs down your main line  and stops at the swivel on your hook trace  so you can bring your fish along side by the leader     this saves having 30ft of 400LBS  leader on the boats deck which could lead to you getting all tangled up   round your legs the Shark  im after can reach in 350LBs the biggest one so far caught was 250 Lbs and run like a steam train and can rip 200 yards of line off you in seconds  the sharks are Porbeagle      hope this helps   ill see if my son will help me post pictures    tightlines Alain

Alain, I think you are looking for the Aqua Gem Snap Floats. I do not know where to purchase them but if you google it you might find a supplier. Good luck.

willybendit

Hi Conchydong  & Pescachaser  thanks for the links    ive found   Redi - Rig   Floats on google  these might do the trick  trying to buy big game tackle in the uk is like trying to find a needle in a haystack    maybe two haystacks    tightlines Alain

13starsinax

i use redi rig floats on a regular basis and that big one will float some really big baits i think it advertises something like it will float 4lbs or something close to that. what i like to do is let the current\wind run the float 50 yards out and give it a quick jerk and it will drop my bait further than you could dream of casting it. i wonder why you dont hear more about these floats? hell everyone i show them to has never seen or heard of them.