Cedros 15 star drag worth buying

Started by Wicho5981, October 28, 2015, 11:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicho5981

SoCalAngler

When they came out the 15's retailed for around $300 and because of that Okuma did not sell alot. They discontinued the line even though they are nice reels, they just could not sell enough to support the line I believe. At $200 I would be tempted to pick one up if I did not already have reels for that lb test range.

sundaytrucka

Quote from: SoCalAngler on October 29, 2015, 05:28:29 AM
When they came out the 15's retailed for around $300 and because of that Okuma did not sell alot. They discontinued the line even though they are nice reels, they just could not sell enough to support the line I believe. At $200 I would be tempted to pick one up if I did not already have reels for that lb test range.

X2

Only issues I have seen are with the clutch lever becoming jammed from corrosion in saltwater, almost entirely from reels out in the water for weeks-months at a time, but with proper care and occasional lubing it will not be an issue.

Other is gear noise, but that is pretty common with high speed SS gears. I put on a nice coat of Cal's grease on the main gear, good to go.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.