handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i'm down to two sizes, the 5/0 and the 3/0.  for gear sleeves, i have only a few of the 113h's and the 114h's.  once those are gone, i'll be out of the gear sleeve business.  check with cortez conversions for gear sleeves.  send me a pm for the other stuff.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

farmer56

farmer56 here   ,  by  any  chance do you still have any 3/0 handles yet.... i would like three for my 112h and smaller reels,,, 1/0, 2/0  surfmaster 250 ,  etc....  hope this finds you and your family well....  ........ Dennis   ,,,,    the newly retired   SW MN.  Farmer  after 44 years....

alantani

got a bunch.  let me know if you want just the grip or the complete assembly with the stainless steel 3-position handle arm.  please send a pm with your full mailing address and let me know what i can tempt you with.  thanks!  alan

farmer56

farmer56

Question what is the handle knob size on the 3/0 handles... thanks dennis   is the 3/0 between the 2/0 and 4/0 in size ????

alantani

it's basically a tapered 4/0 grip.  the maximum diameter in the middle is 1 and 1/8th inches,  the overall length is 3 and 3/8ths inches. 

farmer56

wow thats what i want.... i will PM you with order thanks again ex-farmer56  dennis

thorhammer

Dennis, I have at least ten of these grips on various jigmasters, International 12's,  and my full pimped Cortez 3/0's. They are the deal. With Alan's SS blade, basically impervious to elements and indestructable.

farmer56

thor   thanks for the vote... my main concern was balance of outfit with too large of handle....dennis       
                                                 Thats why i first started looking for the 2/0 size...My GOOD friend randy over at vintage is still keeping an eye out for one of Alan's 2/0 handles on the first reel that comes in...so for now i will get three of the 3/0 new ones from the BOSS

ReelFishingProblems

Alan,

I just got the handle upgrade  in the mail today. It is perfect for my 114h.
I love the handle arm, it is fit for a tank.

Nick

alantani

bigreddog

I am looking for a direct fit long arm handle replacement for a Talica 20.

I mostly use this reel for long range wahoo fishing in the stock configuration, BUT I would love to get a longer arm with knob that will quickly interchange as needed to turn the reel into a backup big tuna reel.  One reel, two different length handles, and two uses.

Previously I have caught large YFT in the stock configuration, and afterwards had Cal modify it with lower gears- but I did not like it. 

I want to keep my reel stock with a second easily changed out longer handle.  Is there one available?

Thanks!

alantani

sorry, i don't have one and i am not aware of any that are carried by shimano.  ebay is likely your best bet.   :-\

mo65

I was just wondering Alan...do you plan to make more 2/0 size?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

farmer56

farmer56 here...  yes alan if you do  mark me down for  three for sure  maybe four ..... hope this finds you and your family well.....  farmer  out ....  i would even do a pre-pay  order if that helps....