handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcantrell

In that case I need (3) 4/0 grips and (2) 6/0 grip. I also need another drag kit for a 900H. Can I PM you an address or would you prefer I send a check for the order?

alantani

you'll have to ping me again in 3 weeks for the 6/0 grips.  i'm all out, again!  >:(  i have the 4/0 grips and the 900h drag kit.  send an email with your shipping info for what ever you want now, then check with me again later for the 6/0 grips, or wait for the entire package all at once.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wael

To Alan, I'm truly glad to know such a skillful and talented man as you. Thank you for all you've been showing and doing. You are more than inspiring to me and many friends here in Egypt. I hope you heard about us. I'm trying now to upgrade my okuma handle as a start. Following all your foot steps. thank you once again.

alantani

thank you.  egypt is another country that is on our list of places to someday visit. perhaps we will get a chance to meet. 

lanikaifisher

Would very much like to purchase a grip for a penn international 80. I have the arm still but the old grip fell off due to corrosion so i would very much like to upgrade to one of yours.

Nick

alantani

nick, i finally got caught up on all the e-mails, now on to pm's. 

jl

Alan:

Does the 6/0 handle fit the stock hole in the arm of the Penn 70vs?

Jeff

alantani

sorry, it does not.  even if it did, you still need screw holes for the shifter.

lanikaifisher

What drill bit should i use to install my 6/0 kolekar handle? The screw keeps backing out as i reel the line in. The lip on the handle is exposed so im thinking i need to make the hole larger so the lip before the screw area fits into the hole in the reel crank handle.

alantani

3/16ths inch for the small ones and 5/16ths inch for counterbored spindles. 

JoeR

New to Penn Senators, I have a 6/0 & 9/0 would these upgrades be better than what came on them?
TIA

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 07, 2013, 03:51:57 AM
Most definitely.

X2.   I have big hands and the 6/0 grip is the best thing I've done to my 6/0 reel. I'm sure the 5/0 grip would be every bit as good.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

JoeR

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 07, 2013, 04:41:15 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on June 07, 2013, 03:51:57 AM
Most definitely.

X2.   I have big hands and the 6/0 grip is the best thing I've done to my 6/0 reel. I'm sure the 5/0 grip would be every bit as good.

Guess my huge paws would like one, I guess I better get that on order next. Do I contact Alan direct for that ? I'm new here and hate asking such questions all the time.
Thanks, Joe