alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 17, 2019, 04:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME  (Read 225427 times)
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« on: November 04, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »

Rothmar posted this suggestion on another thread but I am starting another here.  

I know this has gone off topic, but like what Max is suggesting. I'll pay for postage to get it to Australia, try and put a sword on it, fit it with some SS rings while I have it, and then pass it on to whoever wants to attempt to hurt it next. Would make for an epic thread....
I like the idea.  PM me your address.  I want to use it in June on my spring trip to Mexico though.  What is your sword fish season?  I heard from Ted "maxdoubt" he likes the idea also.  Dominick
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:20:53 AM by Dominick » Logged

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »

WOW this could be an epic thread!
the life and times of "TANK".
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »

Great idea Dominick  Wink.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »

Okay, for the record, I caught, Dorado, Rooster Fish, Yellow Fin Tuna, Striped Marlin and a Wahoo.  When I say I caught I don't remember who picked up the rod with the Tank on it.  Joe (my fishing buddy from NJ) and Wayne (El Pescadore) brought in fish with the Tank while we were all on the boat.  I wish I would have cataloged the fish with weights but I did not.  Here's hoping whomever catches a fish records the date and weight of the fish.  Let's keep this going.  Put in your reservations.  I want to use it June 7-14, 2016 then again in Late October 2016.  Dominick

I could not find these pictures in my computer.  I finally found them in my dropbox files.  This is the first report with photos showing the Tank in action.  The credit for these photos goes to Wayne (El Pescador) he's good with a camera.
[/URL]
Here is some goofy guy doing his Titanic imitation on the wrong end of the boat.
[/URL]
The ride out was magnificent.  
[/URL]
Plenty of porpoises.
[/URL]
Here is the Tank waiting for some action.
[/URL]
[/URL]
Marlin hooked.  This is its first of many jumps.
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Unhooking for release.
[/URL]
Cheering for the Tank.  Also for myself.  It was great fun.
[/URL]
Making a fast exit from the power of the Tank.
[/URL]
This Dorado was caught by either Joe or Wayne.  We caught 2 about the same size on the Tank.  I took this fish out of the box for a photo.
[/URL]
One more.  My personal best Rooster Fish (Pez Gallo). 
[/URL]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:42:46 PM by Dominick » Logged

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Tightlines666
Sensei

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »

There are a few line class records out there just waiting to be broken... just saying Wink

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.
El Pescador
Firearms Group

San Mateo, California

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 03:31:54 PM »

Okay, for the record, I caught, Dorado, Rooster Fish, Yellow Fin Tuna, Striped Marlin and a Wahoo.  When I say I caught I don't remember who picked up the rod with the Tank on it.  Joe (my fishing buddy from NJ) and Wayne (El Pescadore) brought in fish with the Tank while we were all on the boat.  I wish I would have cataloged the fish with weights but I did not.  Dominick

Dominick,

I can look over our fishing photos and provide the date & approx. size of the Rooster Fish, Striped Marlin and Dorado you caught.  The wahoo is iffy, I remember us taking about using it for BAIT Grin.

Also, it's El Pescador for my AT.com site name, NOT   El Pescadore  as you have it, I'm not Italian!!!!!

Wayne
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:34:11 PM by El Pescador » Logged

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »

I'm gonna have my friend ship me my tank and we can have both Sals tanks travel together Wink. Mine has yet to get wet, cause my SoCal trip got cancelled. Sad

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »

There are numerous tanked 113's with the same or very near the same internals, but there is really only one TANK and it was built by Sal.
El Pescador
Firearms Group

San Mateo, California

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »

Rothmar posted this suggestion on another thread but I am starting another here.  

I know this has gone off topic, but like what Max is suggesting. I'll pay for postage to get it to Australia, try and put a sword on it, fit it with some SS rings while I have it, and then pass it on to whoever wants to attempt to hurt it next. Would make for an epic thread....
I like the idea.  PM me your address.  I want to use it in June on my spring trip to Mexico though.  What is your sword fish season?  I heard from Ted "maxdoubt" he likes the idea also.  Dominick

Rothmar2, when is swordfishing open in Australia??

I will be in Cabo between Jan. 16 - Jan. 23, 2016 & would love to have the TANK with me on that trip!!!!  Let us know, I'm lining up to use the Tank!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 07:17:50 PM »

Also, it's El Pescador for my AT.com site name, NOT   El Pescadore  as you have it, I'm not Italian!!!!! Wayne
Wayne there are only two kinds of people in the world, Italians and those who wish they were Italian.  And don't give me the northern Italian speech, Germany is too far north to be Italian.  Dominick

bluefish69

Just West of J.F.K. Airport N.Y.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »

I married an Italian

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 08:48:35 PM »

I married a Sicilian!
42 years later and I'm still afraid to leave!
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

This sounds like an epic material..

Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 09:57:36 PM »

I can't wait to see the rings Rothmar is going to put on the Tank.
I need to get some fish on Mine and lay down the Heavy Metal for once.

Life is Good!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »

Rothmar2 hasn't checked in.  Dominick

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: