Abu Garcia 7000i C3 CT MAG HS casting

Started by boghy, January 29, 2011, 06:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boghy

Does anyone know how well Abu Garcia 7000i C3 CT MAG HS cast? Also, if anyone owns one, are there any faults?
I'm looking for a reel in this class that can cast way... way... out-here from the beach.
Don't like my post? Click on the banner below and call me!

Try my self-coded Line Calculator - for line conversions and topshot

Bryan Young

If you want a reel that casts far, you need to loose the mags.  That helps slow down the spool, and does reduce the distance, but helps prevent backlash.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

boghy

I understand the science behind the magnetic type of brakes for a reel, i just don't know if this reel has a great freespool. What i mean by that is if this reel has a Free-Floating Spool like daiwa SL-X30SHA. If this reel has that free-floating spool then this reel is truly great with centrifugal breaks and magnetic breaks on top of it.
Don't like my post? Click on the banner below and call me!

Try my self-coded Line Calculator - for line conversions and topshot

reddrum55

I gave mine the Alan Tani treatment, then removed one of the magnets, moving the other two to oposite ends of the holder with the ploarity north on one and south on the other. I also sanded off the support posts of the magnet holder until the adjustment actually moved the magnet holder.  Now when I cast, I start at about 6 on the scale and turn it back to zero during the flight of the sinker.  Doesn't cast as sweet as the SL20SH, but is a great heavy duty surf reel.