Passing of a Legend...

Started by Aiala, January 11, 2016, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

There never was, and never will be, another like him. Thank you, Ziggy, for the music and memories...   :'(

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Marcq

Sad  :'( Didn't he just release an album ?

Marc..

Aiala

Quote from: Marcq on January 11, 2016, 05:45:49 PM
Sad  :'( Didn't he just release an album?
Marc...

Yes, he did:  "On Friday, Jan 8., Bowie celebrated his 69th birthday with the release of his latest album Blackstar, which has received universally rave reviews since its release."

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Tiddlerbasher

intili

Absolutely one of the greatest artists and pioneers of all time !!! A legend and truly a starman.....

Maxed Out

The true definition of style, class, and his own unique showmanship. ...and his lyrics were as unique as the man himself

"Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles,

I'm feeling very still,

and I hope my spaceship knows which way to go,

tell my wife I love her very much she knows"
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wally15

Quote from: Aiala on January 11, 2016, 05:05:47 PM
There never was, and never will be, another like him. Thank you, Ziggy, for the music and memories...   :'(

~A~

We need a "Like" button :)
If unique is what you seek.....
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

David Hall

I will miss his music, and seeing him perform.  RIP David Jones-Bowie

sdlehr

I, too, was saddened when I woke up to the news of his passing this morning. His Space Oddity holds a special meaning for me.

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Fisherman Paul

A great artist, did what he loved. May God be with you.

Jerseymic

A great loss, the complete showman.

Mike

Mac53

I am so saddened to hear this.  I just found out thru this post. Bowie was one of the first glitter rock performers of the early 70's and while I didn't get it then I came to appreciate his music.  I loved his "The man who fell to earth" movie!  Mac

swill88

I regret never seeing him perform live except on film but in the early 70's at a musical in Los Angeles he was in the audience; truly outrageous.  Don't remember the show too well (Don't bother me I can't cope) but his image was unforgettable.

thanks for posting this thread...

Steve

Alto Mare

A very talented man...RIP David Bowie!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

His latest album Blackstar released Jan, 08,2016 on his birthday is now topping the charts for sales.
One of the videos he made, for the song Lazarus was filmed just three days before he passed.
The man could see his own future.