*CAPE SAN MARTIN SPECIAL* Sun 04-17-2016-Endeavor 12 Hour Trip-Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, January 29, 2016, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

Booked my reservation!

I am in...Finally get to use my Savage Gear Cutbait Herring for the lings.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Steve-O

Haven't logged on in a day or three and just found this....You're killing me!

My family and I will be here...Moab, UT...doing this!  Spring break for the kiddos and Moab is unanimously our favorite destination around here.

pjstevko

Quote from: Steve-O on February 04, 2016, 03:24:38 AM
Haven't logged on in a day or three and just found this....You're killing me!

My family and I will be here...Moab, UT...doing this!  Spring break for the kiddos and Moab is unanimously our favorite destination around here.

At least you're gonna be in a neat place with your family if you can't go fishing..Too bad you can't make it because it'd be a great trip to put your slow fall jigs through the ringer...

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on February 05, 2016, 02:43:18 AM
Done.
Shameless plug for the nicest Innkeeper in Morro Bay, Miss Ann.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sundown-inn-morro-bay

Bring on the Lings!

Been there..And the Magic fingers are the best  ;D I guess I best get signed up this weekend before ya'll sell this trip out.

BT

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on February 04, 2016, 12:46:29 AM
Had a nice talk with the guy in the office of the Endeavor (can't remember his name).

He said it typically takes 10-16oz to get shrimp flies to the bottom where we're going.

He said if the wind is over 12n they will scrap the trip.

I've never fished out of this port so that's all I know.

Steve

Steve: If Brad says it's a NO GO I back his play as I have for several years. We will be OK..I have sent the good vibe out already.

BT

sundaytrucka

I've heard good things about the Cutbait Herring for lings and halibut. The orange, "Redfish Flou" ones are 8", 9oz and the Puffin pattern is 10", 16oz.

Going to throw them with my Metaloid 5NII, sweet little reel I upgraded a little.

How deep do you guys normally drop around the Morrow Bay area? Different depth for lings and rock fishing?

-Scott

Big Tim

Scott, 140-240' drop and those baits look reel good for what we do. I must say though a 10oz. Hex Bar with no bait was reelin' in the Lings.

BT

sundaytrucka

I will try that out.

Where do you buy your hex jigs from, any brands you recommend?

-Scott

swill88

Big Tim

OK I'm in  ;D ... Scott that is a good source for those Hex Bars that Steve is showing.

BT

These also work reely good, I will be bringing some to ensure our good fortunes

sundaytrucka

So 10-16oz Hex jigs should be cool?...Referring to Steve's post on the first page about recommended weight to get the flies down there.

Are those fly setups available online as well, or do you guys make your own setups?

-Scott