*CAPE SAN MARTIN SPECIAL* Sun 04-17-2016-Endeavor 12 Hour Trip-Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, January 29, 2016, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on April 14, 2016, 12:44:23 AM
PJ..Are you fishing Saturday?

BT

I wasn't planning on it....i've never surf fished before and am not sure I have the right setups or terminal tackle for it...but maybe I'll come down to the beach and hang out whenever I get there..

theswimmer

No big deal Fred, glad I can help.
I worked late last night and didn't get home until about ten so....

I am trying to get home early today if that works for you Fred.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Thanks, Jonathan --

Know the feeling -- got home at 10:38 last night -- took out the trash down to the road -- aware of lions at that hour -- then checked the mail -- did a few chores and emails -- hit the hay at midnight.

Up at 5:00 -- coffee, breakfast, started on knocking out some more reel backlog for clients -- down to 14 now, from the 44 stacked up after we returned from Death Valley.  Scheduled to do a 505, 209, 4/0, 6/0, International ll 12T, and two DAM Quicks today.

Then heading down to Fresno for a meeting, and stopping at TSC to look at wood splitters.

We will have at least 30 cords of wood to split before we are done dropping the dead pines killed by beetles.

I used to have a splitter -- but someone stole it in Fresno, the day after I installed new tires and went through the engine.  Guess they were just waiting for me to get it ready for them.

So have been splitting by hand using a maul and wedges -- but cannot do that with 30 cords.

So, long story short (too late, as my wife sez) -- before I leave for Fresno this afternoon -- I will drop off the reel at your house.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

theswimmer

Fred,
That big male cat walking around is afraid of nothing!
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Quote from: theswimmer on April 14, 2016, 11:49:26 PM
Fred,
Best,
JT
Not even a 300 Weatherby Magnum?  ;)  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Glad to hear it sold out. My wife gave me the nod about a month ago and I just sat on it. Go? No go?....Then my fall Alaska trip turned into a June trip just a week ago ( the lodge had a cancellation opening) so.....best to all of you on this trip. David, hoping for a miracle for you.

Please, please, please take and post lots of pics!

I will get my chance at trophy Lings, Yelloweye rockfish, King Salmon and Halibut in less than a dozen weeks.

Still rock climbing, Jeeping, hiking and feeling my age near the end of the week in Moab. One of my adventuresome girls went up, I took the pic from below and then followed. The (unbeknownst to us) falcons nesting in the tower above us did not like our intrusion into their airspace. We scrambled back down. :o :D

theswimmer

Quote from: Dominick on April 15, 2016, 12:03:15 AM
Quote from: theswimmer on April 14, 2016, 11:49:26 PM
Fred,
Best,
JT
Not even a 300 Weatherby Magnum?  ;)  ::) Dominick

Dom,
This cat is super arrogant.
Usually they are very shy but I have seen this big boy twice and both times he just stood his ground and looked at me.
I walk ,she runs on a piece of private land about 200 ac , the first time I saw him he was above the trail about 25 yards from  me just watching.... Started carrying  a big stick on my walks.
However I think the 300 WM would do the job.
Best,
JT

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

I unfortunately have to cancel on this trip.....

My dog has been fighting liver issues for months and it seems she is losing the fight so I need to be here in case this battle requires a final trip to the vet...... I can not leave my wife to deal with this by herself.....

Hopefully I can get out on a group trip in the fall....

Catch'm up

Pj

David Hall

I am unable to make the drive down so I'm going to reluctantly allow someone else to catch the biggest Ling COD this weekend and I'm going to lay around the house in hopes my health Improves quickly!  This really sucks, I'm fine on my feet, it's sitting that gives me the problem, just driving across town from one jobsite to the other is almost unbearable, no way I could drive 2-1/2 hrs without going crazy from the pain. I want to wish you all Good luck and have a great time take and post lots of pics.
I'll make the next trip.

El Pescador

PJ and David Hall,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to attend this weekends Ling Fest,  I was looking forward to meeting the both of you,

and to you PJ, to get a couple of grinds on your new 501 hand-built by Fred!

All the best to you both,

I'll take LOTS of photos of this weekend, and post on Monday!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Who wants to bet he does not make it on Monday?  At least next Monday.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

Everyone still interested in trying out the 501 Fred built for me can still give it a go... Just gonna have to get it out of Jonathan's hands!!!!!!

pjstevko

From the looks of the first few pictures of the trip it appears I missed a great trip but it was wise of me to stay behind....

My wife and I had to put our poor 6 year old dog Maggie down on Friday night.....It was a tough weekend for us both and I'm glad I was home so my wife didn't have to go through that part alone.....

I'll make it up to myself by going on a 1 1/2 or 2 day trip in the fall...

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.