Daiwa SS Question

Started by Bucktail, February 06, 2011, 03:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

I'm a little confused as to how to remove the main shaft from a Daiwa SS.  I removed the screw that I thought was holding it in place (see pic) but it still won't come out.  Is there something else I need to do?  Could it be that it's just stuck and I need to apply a little force? ???

Thanks,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

A lot of times, these are pressed in and are extremely tight.  I still cannot figure out how to remove these, so I have resulted in greasing the shaft bearing by removing the shield on one side and pressing in grease and leaving the bearing open.  Something just don't always come out like it should.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bucktail

That's fine, except I'm trying to get it out so I can take the rotor off.
Just a jig-a-lo

george.s

you should be able to take the rotor off without taking the shaft out.there is a pin that holds the thing that the clicker spring sits on just push it out and it will slide off then take the rotor nut off and and the rotor should slide off.

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

Bucktail

OK it's 7 months later.  Time for my next question.  ;D  Oh and btw, I got the reel apart.  Thanks for the help.

My question now is, are the bearings on the shaft of the main gear part of that shaft or should they come off?  According to the schematic, they look like they are separate parts.  http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/daiwa/Daiwa_SS1300.pdf

However, I have soaked this in WD40 and CLR and I still can't remove them.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

they WILL come apart...... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bucktail

Thanks.  They are both off, but they didn't come easily.  They both broke in half while I tried force them off.  Now I just need to order two new bearings and put her back together.
Just a jig-a-lo