Anybody in the Tampa Bay area want to go fishing tomorrow, 2/20/16?

Started by BryanC, February 19, 2016, 07:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanC

I know this be last minute, but does anybody want to fish tomorrow (Saturday)?  I didn't think I was going to get a chance to go out fishing this weekend, but it looks like I have a window of opportunity for a short trip tomorrow.  I have 1 21' bay boat with a t-top and plan to fish out of Fort DeSoto.  Going to launch the boat at about 11:30 am, and need to be back at the ramp by 5:00 or so, so it will be a quick trip.  I plan to hit some near shore rockpiles (8-15 miles out) for mangos.

If anyone wants to join me, post here or send a PM.  My boat fishes 3 people comfortably.  4 works OK.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

broschro

I would love to join you sometime. I'm over on the other side Saint Augustine Florida we have some real good fishing over here as well. Let's  exchange trip sometime
      Jamie

BryanC

Quote from: broschro on February 20, 2016, 12:28:51 PM
I would love to join you sometime. I'm over on the other side Saint Augustine Florida we have some real good fishing over here as well. Let's  exchange trip sometime
      Jamie

Sounds good to me. 

Here's a pic from the last time I fished the area I'm thinking about going to today:

The mangos were a tough bite that day, but eventually we got them going.  That was the most hogfish we've ever gotten in one day.  All on hook & line.

At this point I'm not sure if I am going to go today.  If I don't get any takers I might just stay home and get some work done around the house.

sdlehr

Nice fish! I can't believe you caught that many hog snapper on hook and line!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

BryanC

Quote from: sdlehr on February 20, 2016, 02:57:35 PM
Nice fish! I can't believe you caught that many hog snapper on hook and line!

Sid

Thanks!  I couldn't believe it either.  We often get one or two while using shrimp for mangos, but that was the first time we got so many.  Sometimes we get bigger ones though:

broschro

Beautiful hogs we do not have many of those around these parts. we have excellent mango fishing in May - October. I'm thinking about bringing the boat over to Tampa this year.

BryanC

Nice ride Broschro.  LMK if you decide to bring it over here.  I've got a lot of numbers.  You're welcome to ride on my boat as well, if you don't want to drag yours across the state.  I need to pick my days for going offshore, but we get a lot of good ones in the summer.

anglingarchitect

Sorry I didn't see this in time, I'm usually game for short notice. Maybe next time, I'm Mark from Temple Terrace sent you a pm about fishing.

BryanC

Quote from: anglingarchitect on March 08, 2016, 02:03:48 AM
Sorry I didn't see this in time, I'm usually game for short notice. Maybe next time, I'm Mark from Temple Terrace sent you a pm about fishing.

Hey Mark.  I'm pretty sure I replied to your PM.  Did you see it?

I would like to get out fishing with you.  I have plans for the next two weekends, but could do something after that.

anglingarchitect

You did respond to my pm just tring to let you know who I was.

Mark