Penn 9/0

Started by sharkman, February 29, 2016, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Just acquired to Penn 9/0s off of craigslist.  Both need restoring. One had a unique feature. It looks like round bar bent in the shape of rectangle the open end are in the top lugs usually meant for harness attachment.  It looks like some type of handle. Sorry no pictures at this time I am at work.  I will take some pics this evening. Has anyone seen something like this.

sdlehr

Yes, I've seen reels (Senators, maybe 6/0) on eBay with the lugs replaced with this handle. I've seen two in the last few months, but they may have been the same one relisted after not selling the first time.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

cbar45

I've seen some that were homemade, but they were also a factory option on Daiwa Sealine "Rockcod Specials".

Chad

sharkman

After closer inspection I do believe the handle is homemade.  Hopefully I will get a chance to post pics this evening

sharkman

Below is pic of the part

sdlehr

I missed this when you posted. That's not like the one I saw, which fit into the frame where the lugs are; instead of the lugs. It was held in place by the same screw that would have held the lug if it were present. I would agree, the one you pictured appears home-made for sure...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector