Calcutta 400TE Tune

Started by K Nguyen, February 12, 2011, 10:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

The tiny metal plunger sits inside a small spring which actuates it.

It does not serve any critical function. Just makes a clicking sound as line is being taken from the reel.
~

erikpowell

Thanks Mate!

I found the plunger mount & spring and figured that out now. set.
Good to know we're using the same schematic, thanks for that.

The shaft is out now & pretty beat though, I'm trying to file it enough to get the gear to slip back down.

Not sure what scored the shaft so badly....maybe because the drag stack was fused together & metal discs dug into the shaft  ??? ???

Cheers 2000

Edit: Finally done! 

Here's a good tip:
If you put it all back together and it won't re-engage into gear..... you've probably got the ratchet plate upside down!
It has a very subtle pattern to the teeth and if they're not facing the right direction the ratchet will not trip the mechanism back into Drive.
Check how the AR pawl seats in the ratchet before you continue.... if it's not right you'll see a teeny tiny gap between them...hardly noticeable and easy to miss!

Cheers ya'll, thanks for the help

Erik   

Lunker Larry

I've seen a lot of these reels as they are popular for muskie fishing. The drive shaft is always scored and  it can be a real bugger to get the drag stack and gear off. I always thought it was due to over tightening the drag. Can't get the drive shaft for these anymore (I'm pretty sure for this model) so just lightly file it and you will have no issues. Check the keyed washers too as they can get distorted.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

exp2000

QuoteCan't get the drive shaft for these anymore.

They still gotem here in Oz.
~

handi2

That's the click pin I mentioned. It fits into the black plastic part that that fits in the 2 holes in the main gear. The round plastic part should be holding the spring.

I use a cheap spring loaded punch to mark the top side of the ratchet. Some shimano's come with it marked this way.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Lunker Larry

Quote from: exp2000 on January 05, 2018, 03:03:54 PM
QuoteCan't get the drive shaft for these anymore.

They still gotem here in Oz.
~
With the weather we're having here I'm tempted to come down to get some  :D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?