6500 C3 line counter add on

Started by Wintu, February 13, 2011, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintu

Anyone use this # 1122076 line counter add on to their Abu 6500 reels? Since I only use these reels on salmon in river they are just the right size not bulkey like the ocean rigs. Need any comments from maybe a couple of users,want to use these on Record 60 if they workout. Nothing better than a 30-50 lb salmon fresh from the salt on a small reel.Could be the Rogue River ;  Foster Bar Agness) 

alantani

the line counter i use is the daiwa sg17LCA.  shimano and okuma both make nice ones.  can you find a link somewhere?  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wintu

This is an after market part made by Abu. Still want to keep using 6500's

ossipeter

As far as I know is it is a part of the Abu 5500/5600.
Hope you mean the electronical line counter??

akfish

It's just a mechanical counter, made almost entirely of plastic like the counters on Daiwa and Shimano reels. It works OK but quite a few of them only last a little while. I'd be worried how accurate it would be on a 6500 because it measure spool revolutions and the amount of line on each revolution will change significantly on a small reel when you are, say, 100 feet deep. I'm old school and still use pulls to measure depth. Works for me.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Wintu

Thanks for all the comments may just keep using the bobber stop marker. Thanks all .

JGB

I use 3 of these. They rate a 3 out of 5. Biggest issue is the batteries go dead after around 3 months of non use. Solution is to remove the battery when in long term storage. We use these on a modified C3 lever drags 6500 for mooching in Monterrey bay. Calibration is by line size (mono test) and the counter does not take into account for partial filled spools.

Jim N.