Strictly Come Casting with Alain Storey

Started by alantani, February 13, 2011, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

turn the volume way up!!!!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

you can just see behind him another fishing rod.wrapped it around that maybe?let us know willi.

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

willybendit

Hi All     yes that is me  tournament casting  or trying to     with a century wr300 blank     225 yards done  now after 230 yards     regards and tightlines Alain

Bryan Young

225 yards?  Wow.  I'm lucky to get 100 yards consistently.  If you are in California or come to California, can you give lessons?  Not the falling part.  I already do that myself.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

willi what did you lasso behind you.cmon willi

Roger

Willy. didn't mean to make fun of you personally but it was funny..........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Willy would probably laugh at us if we would try to cast over 220 yards. We should have more bloopers!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

during the winter months, our local groundfish/rockfish season is closed for boat fishermen, but it is still open for fishing from shore.  no one here does this long distance casting.  no one.  such a technique would open up an entire fishery during the winter months.  summer, too!  200 yards, gentlemen!  that is the distance of two football fields.  i commonly fish within 200 yards of shore with the boat.  something to consider.  so yes, alain, it would be great to have you come over and teach this.   it could be HUGE!  um, like bryan, i can do the falling down part already!   ;D

kamuwela

200 yds i bet he could hit the 40 fathom ledge on the west side of oahu. sheeez for that mater he could hit the 1000 fathom for pelagic's down kona side.

willybendit

Hi All     i only took the tournament casting up last year   i think it was my third tounament  i normaly use daiwa fishing rods  AWB 129 Amorphus whisker  and ABU mag Elite reels     i have cast a 150g lead weight 230 yards using this fishing set up     i was asked if i would like to use a full tounament century WR300 rod  on my next cast    i said ok   give it us here ill have go with it    Boy What a beast  these rod have been cast 300+ yards       not by me        what happend was the lead weight  dug into the ground as i turned to power the lead away    im 6ft tall and weigh 18stone   and as you can see  it pulled me off balance  giving every one the best laugh of the year       take a look on you -tube   you,ll find lots of pictures & clips  of the   Pendulum   cast    ill be out this year  ill try and post some more pictures of me casting    if you would like to see them           you really  need to thank  Mr  A Tani    for posting this     hope you all had a laugh   tightlines Alain

alantani

you can thank your friend martyn for "droppin' the dime" on you.

willybendit

Hi Alan     Do you mean  Martyn from malton   ill kick some butt if thats the man   Ha Ha 

alantani

in our little slice of heaven (california) we do some pretty neat things, but this is not the center of the universe.  no one actually fishes with a long distance casting technique.  it would open up alot of water.  alan

Keith K